Field Service Engineer
Date: September 15th
Please apply before: October 31st
Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, FEI Company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. FEI designs, manufactures, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide FEI team of 3000+ employees is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- FEI’s corporate organizationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
The Sales and Service Division (SSD) of FEI is charged with selling and servicing FEI products in geographical territories worldwide. The SSD Organization serves as the primary FEI contact to both potential customers and current customers alike, providing a range of value-added products and services and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for performing the on-site installation, servicing and repair of complex equipment and systems. Investigates and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Conducts on-site installations of the full range of FEI systems and their associated options. The Field Service Engineer reports to the Service Manager of his region.
Responsibilities and deliverables include:
- Conduct on-site installation of complex equipment and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working order
- Conduct on-site scheduled planned maintenance visits
- Provide troubleshooting and repair support for customers and other field service personnel
- Cultivate and develop positive working relationships with customers, system users and company personnel
- Complete and submit field service reports
- Provide training for customers and users on system maintenance
- Provide feedback to product quality teams
- Provide appropriate input in writing updating and correcting various FEI system documentation
- Provide input for various reports including identifying and isolating unique problems with system
- Act as a subject expert and resource for training
- This position is ideal for an experienced service engineer wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
- The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires a Bachelor or University degree or equivalent experience in electronic or mechanical system troubleshooting
- Typically requires 1-7 years hands on technical experience installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating complex analysis tools such as SEM, TEM, FIB or similar systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing ultra-high vacuum and high voltage systems is highly desired.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to troubleshooting complex systems and subsystems down to component level
- Literate in Windows software environments
- Able to read and interpret schematics drawings
- Ideal a candidate would be based in London, Cambridge area
We offer you the unique opportunity to work in a multinational with many chances to develop yourself. Within the job of Field Service Engineer, we offer an extensive and professional training program within in an open company culture and a competative salary. FEI welcomes you to an innovative environment with great opportunities to explore.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join