ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports SAP ECC 6.0 or HANA and related software
- Knowledge of Financial techniques, methods, and tools. GAAP & Financial Best practices
- Knowledge of SAP BI, Query & Reporting capabilities
- Develops all process documentation for processes and procedures
- Ability to drive standardization
- Participate in Help Desk function to resolve user related support calls
- Prepare and execute test plans for new functionality
- Publish communication related to the deployment of new functionality
- Translate user requests into User Requirement Specifications and functional specifications
- Work with programmers to assure compliance to program specifications
- Use of best practices within functional areas
- Work to develop training for end-users, and Lead classes to enhance user knowledge
- Monitor metrics to measure conformity and improvements
- Provide educational course structure for end-users
- Liaise with Divisional Management to understand direction within their functional area of responsibility
- Monitor compliance with Service Level Agreements for site.
- Strong project management skills, utilizing Project Management expertise.
- Maintain security in compliance with ThermoFisher Security directives.
- Provide advice to staff and external parties on ThermoFisher IT.
- Ensure compliance to ThermoFisher IT Policies and Guidelines.
- Travel can range from 25%-35%
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent knowledge of business processes and best practices
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of SAP in specified area
- Knowledge of ThermoFisher SAP Template.
- 3-7 years of business experience in functional area
- 2-4 years of SAP experience
- 4 year degree or 5-7 years experience in related area
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to document tasks undertaken and complete HelpDesk requests in a suitable level of detail for both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such discounts, interest commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.
- The noise in the work environment is usually moderate and office based.
FUNCTIONS WITHIN ISO:
- To understand the quality policy and objectives for quality.
- Perform duties and responsibilities according to the documented quality system.
- Recommend and implement improvements to activities and processes within the quality system.
- Have awareness of ITIL and other related quality/IT processes.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join