GLOBAL PRODUCT MANAGER (ALLERGY)
This position is based within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s ImmunoDiagnostics Division (IDD), which has its HQ in Uppsala, Sweden and develops, manufactures, and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. With over 1,600 employees worldwide, IDD is the global leader in in-vitro allergy diagnostics and also a relevant player in autoimmune.
You will be joining IDD’s Global Marketing and Portfolio Management, Allergy Lifecycle team. The Allergy Lifecycle team leads the product strategy and roadmap for IDD’s Allergy diagnostics products.
THE ROLE is focused on developing product strategy and roadmap, positioning, and marketing tools at all stages of the product lifecycle. Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the global market for product area
- Develop value propositions and competitive positioning for product line
- Drive and coordinate development of marketing collateral and educational assets related to launching/promoting new and existing products
- Create and foster a strong team spirit and take on the role of ‘product champion’
- Monitor customer requirements and drive product line performance and quality improvement initiatives
- Take day-to-day operational decisions related to product quality, supply prioritization, and customer support, balancing short- and long-term commercial impact and customer expectations
- Lead the preparation of business cases and product requirements in close collaboration with commercial teams, ensuring customer needs and business expectations are met
- Represent the Allergy Lifecycle Team in product development and product care projects
- Lead new product introductions, review regional delivery of launch plans in line with the global strategy, while providing high level support and guidance on product issues
- Identify and articulate training and education needs and work closely with regional marketing leadership to maximize usage of resources
- Set targets to execute and follow up on quality improvements and enhanced customer experience
To be successful in this role a Bachelor’s degree in a Science or Medicine related subject is the minimum requirement and you will ideally have a marketing or business Masters. You must be able to speak and write English fluently, and proficiency in Swedish is preferred. We are looking for a strong commercial product manager with past experience in either sales or marketing roles.
Experience or education in the fields of immunology and in-vitro diagnostics, particularly related to autoimmune, asthma, and allergic conditions, will be highly valued.
The role will suit someone who enjoys working independently, takes initiative, has strong business acumen, can drive performance, and be resourceful.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an international, matrix organisation so you should be comfortable working cross-functionally, managing a wide range of priorities and working in an ever-changing environment. This position requires international travel of up to 25%.
IS THIS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. What story will you tell?
APPLY NOW on our career site http://jobs.thermofisher.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 27 September 2017
If you have questions then please contact Victoria Johansson (Senior Recruiter Nordics) firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join