Engineer III, Field Service
Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Andover
- Perform instrument repairs on analytical equipment - LC/GC, mass specs etc.
- Act as a Thermo Fisher Scientific advocate in all capacities in customer laboratories.
- Effectively communicate with customer as well as other Service Engineers.
- Represents Unity Lab Services in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Responds to customer service requests through customer service scheduling software.
- Promptly acknowledges receipt, and contacts the end-user to schedule services. Ensures that the schedule meets the customer’s needs and entitlement.
- Communicate schedule of services to Customer Administration and Supervisor on a daily basis.
- Prioritize and multi-task the workload & customer requirements onsite as designated by the manager or lead.
- Seeks assistance from peers when unable to quickly meet the customer’s expectations.
- Close out service activities utilizing administration tools for accurate record keeping, including documenting service calls daily upon completion.
- Maintains personal Service inventory of replacement parts. Returns defective material in a timely manner, and orders replacements in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains company assets (tools, inventory, laptop computer, etc.) in good and working condition.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join