When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
The LSMS Product Support Engineering team is looking for an engaged Failure Analysis Specialist for our LCMS products. The ideal candidate has a strong background in LC/MS products and a strong technical understanding of the hardware and technology.
- Performa failure analysis of LCMS products and parts for medical device regulatory requirements.
- Perform detailed root-cause-analysis and work with cross-functional teams on improvements or preventative actions, along with various miscellaneous responsibilities
- Identify, develop and implement customer focused support solutions for future products.
- Work with R & D to ensure new products meet product design criteria for serviceability and develop hardware validation criteria.
- Create detailed reports on investigative findings and present to cross-functional audience.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Strong background in electrical engineering with the ability to perform detailed root-cause-analysis.
- Customer focus: Proven service oriented attitude under all situations; develops and maintains solid overall understanding of Support policies and programs
- Excellent analytical capability as well as attention to detail.
- Team player: Demonstrates support of department mission by maintaining favorable relationships with peers and customers
- Communication: Demonstrates superior communication skills including listening, verbal written and presenting to large groups. Maturity in dealing with conflict etc.
- Adaptability: Flexible, adjust readily to new situations while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- BS or Master’s Degree in electronics from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join