Job Title: Lab Applications Scientist
Location: San Jose, CA
As a member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific North America Center of Excellence (CoE), you will work within a multi-disciplinary matrix team that includes regional sales representatives, marketing and service professionals, product development scientists, and engineers. When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
A dynamic and self-motivating individual is required to support state-of-the-art LCMS instrumentation as a Lab Application Scientist. Primary responsibilities will be to conduct LCMS product demonstrations related to (but not limited to) biopharmaceutical and proteomics applications. Additional responsibilities include technical and application support to ensure customer success and satisfaction in these application areas.
- Conduct and participate actively in LCMS product demonstrations showcasing Thermo Scientific’s state of the art mass spectrometry products (Ion Trap, QQQ, and Orbitrap based products).
- Provide pre and post sales technical support as well as applications assistance in response to customer inquiries (both internal and external), including education, training and on-site visits.
- Develop new applications applying Thermo Scientific LCMS offerings to the proteomics market, including writing application notes, peer reviewed publications, and presenting at the appropriate scientific conferences.
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner.
- Create well-organized information-rich tools (documents and seminars) and effectively deliver them in an engaging manner.
- Combine conceptual and analytical knowledge to independently address difficult problems.
- Independently prioritize projects and manage behavior to most effectively accomplish core job functions.
- Lead team projects and mentor junior colleagues.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policies and applicable laws.
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific by clearly and consistently demonstrating Thermo Fisher Scientific mission, vision, values and objectives to both our employees and end-user customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline with at least 5+ years of relevant experience; or advanced degree with 2-3 years of relevant experience; or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on LCMS experience.
- A strong understanding of protein and peptide LCMS workflows such as protein ID and protein quantitation. Experience with intact protein analysis is highly desirable as well as a strong understanding of biological sample preparation for LC/MS analysis.
- Solid competency in a broad range of LCMS instrumentation both qualitative and quantitative.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English).
- A proven track record to work independently and a strong work ethic is critical.
- Ability to travel 20% within North America required
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
· MS or Ph.D. in Chemistry or a Bioscience or equivalent education plus work experience.
· Previous experience on Thermo Scientific MS instrumentation preferred.
· Knowledge of liquid chromatography and Mass Spectrometry principles and instruments.
· Knowledge of proteomic quantitative and qualitative workflows and associated informatics.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join