Business Continuity Manager, DR
Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh
- Establish and document the DR strategy, ensuring that all of the technical and business stakeholders have their requirements and constraints considered.
- Create and maintain the overall plan for executing the DR process, both in testing and in the event of an emergency situation.
- Provide oversight and assistance to the various technical teams as they develop their individual implementation and testing plans. Ensure these are appropriately added to the document control system and linked into the overall DR process plan.
- Collaborate with our information security specialists to conduct threat, risk, and vulnerability assessments and work with our technical teams to implement any DR strategy improvements recommended.
- Maintain a close collaboration with the systems engineering, cloud architecture and application support teams. Assisting with the design of new solutions and the fielding of new systems to ensure that their concept and design will meet standards for resiliency and reliability.
- During activation of the DR process, assume the role of Disaster Recovery Coordinator, taking a central role in managing the situation and ensuring that the process flows smoothly and efficiently.
- Develop, maintain and enforce a schedule of regularly occurring simulations and tests of the DR processes. During these exercises, ensure the processes are followed and any amendments needed in light of results are captured and properly documented.
- Work closely with members of our Legal Audit and Risk Services team to ensure our standards are adequately documented, published, enforced and maintained in accordance with current industry standards and all legal and regulatory requirements.
- May be asked to accept additional responsibility for other programs with legal, regulatory or industry certification audit requirements as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other technical field is desired. 3 years of additional direct and applicable professional experience may be substituted.
- Five years of professional experience in an IT Operations role.
- Three years of experience managing or having a key technical role in Disaster Recovery operations and testing.
- Recent experience working with or managing teams responsible for cloud-based infrastructure and services. A solid grasp of current industry offerings for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is expected.
- Recent experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or MS Azure. Familiarity with and competence in their data and system resiliency and redundancy offerings is a must.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, are a hard requirement for this high profile position. Examples of technical writing, application or system architectural design artifacts, or policy or process documentation will be required at interview.
- Ability to work calmly through high-pressure situations is a key requirement.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join