About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Windows or Linux hands on experience including team lead experience
- Experience and understanding of compliance and patching and strategy that can give technical guidance and oversight on implementing a patching strategy for a hybrid environment.
- Experience with Automation tools– Ansible, Altiris, Service Now, Cloud (AWS/Azure) etc. Tools that can integrate into Service Now for orchestration that will drive automating repeatable tasks along with automation implementation overall.
- Proficient in Service Now someone who knows the benefits and how to use Service Now. Create a workflow, implement, construct KB articles and provide documentation on processes.
- Proficient in MS Excel, experience with Power BI would be nice, able to create metrics such as trending/growth/improvement/tracking along with data comparison from different resources and reporting.
- Drive implementation of process and procedures to benefit the business proving value and improvement
- Maintenance and management of the server infrastructure supporting Symantec ITMS
- Working with application and server “owners” to create appropriate collections, establish regular patching schedules, and ensure appropriate delegation of rights to manage the software/patch deployments.
- Working with our Information Security teams to create and provide regular reports to show security compliance. Assisting with any special ad-hoc requests as needed for individual events.
- Sets and enforces standards, policies and operational practices around the deployment of system software and security patches. Ensures that all such standards are documented, available and used by the Operations staff.
- Provide training to the Operations staff as needed on use of the system; will be responsible for writing and publishing Knowledge Base articles and FAQ’s as needed.
- Provides guidance, training and mentorship to the junior staff on the Operations teams, helping to develop a knowledgeable and competent staff.
- Five years of prior paid professional experience supporting and maintaining server hardware and operating systems, either Unix/Linux or Windows, in an “enterprise” environment.
- Three years of paid professional experience as a Team Lead
- Background and experience working in an enterprise environment with mature Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management processes.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, are a hard requirement for this lead position. Must be able to work with and communicate effectively to a broad audience with varying technical backgrounds in a globally diverse business culture.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with a proven ability to logically work through a problem to its successful resolution.
- Ability to work calmly through high-pressure situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other technical field is desired. 3 years of additional direct and applicable professional experience in the IT field may be substituted.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join