About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
This position plays an integral part in supporting the Protein & Cell Analysis (PCA) and Antibodies & Immuno Assays (AIS) business within the Biosciences Division. The role will provide management and their functional partners with insight into the operating expenses and financial performance of the business. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with the financial analysis, planning, and reporting activities for PCA and AIS, and will partner with the business leaders and finance teams to develop actions and recommendations to enable the business to achieve its financial objectives.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Finance lead for the operational expense and capex spend for the PCA and AIS business. Manage one direct report.
- Oversee preparation of budgets and forecasts, monthly closings (accruals, expense reviews, scorecards), project approval and tracking, reporting, and other financial planning & analysis activities.
- Partner closely with customer groups to drive results.
- As process owner, work with business / function heads and their teams to develop expense Forecasts / Budgets while ensuring alignment with business initiatives and team goals. Manage headcount, in conjunction with HR, to achieve business results. Identify risks and opportunities that affect the achievement of forecasts and provide analysis (zero based redesign).
- Provide monthly commentary to explain variances between actual results and budget / forecasts to meet both local and global reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all internal control processes. Utilize continuous improvement in daily activities to identify process simplification opportunities and enhance tools improvements.
- Develop staff through the preparation of priorities and individual development plans,
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- BS Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Ability to work with management at all levels and lead major projects and initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent analytical skills that lead to actionable growth opportunities
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across the organization
- Significant experience with MS Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- MBA and / or CPA preferred
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Planning, CMR, SAP and E1 a plus
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join