Job Title: Application Specialist
Requisition ID: 54683BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
- Develop method and perform demonstration analysis in the field of food safety and environmental, chemical related industry with mass spectrometry products (Ion Trap, QQQ, and Orbitrap based products).
- Interpret experimental results and make presentation to customers to support the sales team
- Provide post sales technical and application assistance in response to customer inquiries (both internal and external), including education, training and on-site visits / training.
- Development the capability as demo strategy to help the business.
- Develop new applications applying Thermo Scientific LCMS offerings to small molecule markets, including writing application notes, peer reviewed publications, and presenting at the appropriate scientific conferences.
- Attendance and participation at select trade shows and technical conferences. Preparing and presenting technical seminars to existing and potential customers.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Bioscience or related field. An equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered in lieu of a Ph.D.
- 4+ years of hands-on LCMS experience.
- A strong understanding of protein and peptide LCMS workflows (such as protein ID, protein quantitation and intact protein analysis) and associated informatics is preferred. A strong understanding of biological sample preparation for LC/MS analysis.
- Experience with a broad range of LCMS/GCMS instrumentation both qualitative and quantitative. Practical experience with Ion Trap, High-Res, Single Quadrupole and/or Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometry desired.
- Previous experience on Thermo Scientific MS instrumentation preferred.
- Experience working in cooperation with marketing and sales professionals is a plus.
- Requires excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation.
- Strong project and time management skills required.
- Willingness to travel up to within Taiwan Area
- Knowledge of basic chemistry principles.
- Knowledge of liquid chromatography and Mass Spectrometry principles and instruments.
- Knowledge of protein/peptide quantitative and qualitative workflows and associated informatics
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join