When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Director, U.S. West Region Service & Support is responsible for the organization comprised of U.S. West Region District Service Managers (4 directs), and West Region Field Application Scientist Managers (3 directs). In this role, you will have responsibility for executing the overall service & support delivery for the region. In addition, you will develop strategic direction for the U.S. West region, own the Customer Allegiance Score (CAS) for the region, and have overall accountability for delivering the P&L from multiple revenue streams including service contracts, parts and labor, training revenue, validation/compliance services and bioinformatics sales.
- Full responsibility for CAS (Customer Allegiance Score) for U.S. West S&S Region Field Service Engineer and Field Application Scientist teams.
- Support and engage with improvement and optimization opportunities to improve customer experience in the region.
- Own the U.S. West Region top line revenue, direct/variable expenses, op profit execution per AOP.
- Develop & facilitate weekly, quarterly region operating reviews to track business progress.
- Establish region Key Performance Indicators and reporting methods of key metrics.
- Key member & contributor to Americas Service & Support leadership team.
- Develop & Lead the achievement of the annual Goals & Objectives for the U.S. West Region teams.
- Lead the annual performance management & development cycles/reviews for the region.
- Align region resources & deployment strategies with customer & business needs.
- Spend significant time in the field meeting with customers, managers, engineers and application scientists in order to identify and address key issues and opportunities.
- Build and foster effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders (Commercial sales teams, Service Development teams, Service Operations, Product Platforms, Technical Support, Training, IT).
- Foster a best negotiations environment.
- Motivate and influence the behaviors of managers and their teams internally to further grow the business and optimize the customer experience.
- Understand and attract top talent to ensure management team is structured to scale and perform as the business grows & evolves.
- Consistently achieve the plan by maintaining existing core business, developing incremental business through creativity, and becoming a thought leader among peers and managers.
- Define, communicate, and analyze key inputs/outputs of U.S. West Region Service & Support KPI’s.
- Measure, report, and take necessary corrective action on region service & support productivity.
- Measure and align meaningful annual incentive programs tied to performance and business requirements.
- Partner closely with finance partners and operating leaders to build & own annual AOP plans – assumptions, headwinds, tailwinds, resources, etc.
- Drive operating mechanisms for the region quarterly, and as needed, to ensure business performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Management, Economics, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in a customer support or project management role within a services organization.
- 5+ years leading a large Service & Support team within the life sciences industry.
- Exceptional leadership, management and communication skills with experience in building and managing managers and teams of cross-functional experts.
- Excellent analytical, project management and planning skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to operate independently, and lead remote service teams with a high capacity for work.
- High energy, can-do attitude, with a proven track record of challenging the status quo and creative, innovative thinking.
- Ability to execute on commitments & drive measurable business results.
- Strong relationship building skills, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be proficient at listening, facilitating, resolving conflict, negotiations, and influencing peer groups.
- Experience developing and implement continuous improvement processes and procedures to support growth.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join