When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Marketing Specialist I
Introduction to the Division /Function
LSG Marketing focusses on managing critical initiatives related to the company’s go-to-market and ecommerce strategy.This role will have great exposure & importance with lot of support from the larger commercial & cross functional teams and centers on marketing efforts through digital products, data management and high value content
Role Description (Purpose of the role)
In conjunction with the Marketing Lead, responsible for achieving financial and market success in the region for Capillary Electrophoresis (Sanger Sequencing & Fragment Analysis) and Human Identification (HID) portfolios and providing region-level line-of-sight visibility (local pulse) to WW platform and Market Development. For assigned product portfolios work with Regional Marketing Manager/Product Marketing Manager and RMDs on the adaptation of global campaigns and programs for execution in the region to establish strong customer and category
Focus: Category Management
- In conjunction with the Marketing Lead, responsible for achieving financial and market success in the region for Capillary Electrophoresis (Sanger Sequencing & Fragment Analysis) and Human Identification (HID) portfolios and providing region-level line-of-sight visibility (local pulse) to WW platform and Market Development.
- Manage Region market performance - short-term forecasting, sales and shipments, gap-to-close analysis and corrective actions as required in conjunction with Marketing Lead and sales leadership.
- For assigned product portfolios perform detailed analysis and routine reporting of Region business performance (i.e. Region revenue, unit/solution actual sales to forecast, campaign implementation status and results) so that appropriate actions can be planned.
- Work with Regional Marketing Manager/Product Marketing Manager to recommend actions based on seasonality and competitive pressures, key partner performance and issues as appropriate.
- Optimize Region pricing in collaboration with Marketing Lead, RMDs, and Sales Leadership.
- Plans and executes Region- and country-level NPIs, price actions, upgrades and obsolescence of existing products.
- Country program adaptation and execution
- Local communications deliverables, web content and translations, support center preparation to support campaigns
- Industry and customer events
- Region industry relationship management
- Channel execution planning
- Internal regional campaign set up and communication to sales, Field Application Specialists, Field Service Engineers, Customer Service
- For assigned portfolios, responsible for working with regional marketing manager and RMDs on new product introduction/ launch execution (NPI) and deployment plan, including country level PR, local web content and local activities to support launch.
- Develops and implements local sales and competitive response for campaigns and programs.
- Training of Sales Team and Channel Partners
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences (PhD or MBA is desirable) with a good understanding of marketing concepts and practices.
- Marketer with 4-5 years of business experience.
- Business Knowledge/Intelligence: Knowledgeable about how organizations function; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network.
- Marketing Excellence/Capacity: Is quality driven; executes to strategy focusing on generating profitable growth for the business. Is committed to continuous process improvement.
- Market/Customer Focused. Demonstrates and acts on customer needs and insight.
- Uses market/customer information to identify issues and opportunities.
- Builds bonds with internal and external partners.
- Balances competing interests and issues and readily readjusts priorities to respond to pressing and changing business demands.
- Business/Category Knowledge.
- Possesses good current knowledge of the relevant markets and industry and stays at the forefront of business, technical, and strategic developments. Has a thorough understanding of current technology and applications across target customer segments.
- Excellent inter-personal communications skills, cooperative team player with a proactive responsive approach.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Learns Continuously.
- Team player.
- Analytical with excellent communication skills - both oral and written, and strong organizational skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.