- Service Engineer - Chrom - BMS: Hopewell, NJ
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently seeking a customer-oriented Service Engineer/Chromatography to provide instrument services on-site at our customer location in the Hopewell, NJ area. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support and customer relationship management. The successful candidate will provide complete services on Chromatography (HPLC,UPLC), Dissolution, Titration and similar systems, including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualifications. Mass Spec is a plus.
Our ideal candidate will be customer oriented as an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific in customer laboratories and be eager to drive growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of Chromatography (HPLC,UPLC), Dissolution, Titration and similar systems. Mass Spec experience a plus.
- Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with other ULS teams and Sales
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks
- Review reports and documentation from customers, and inspects malfunctioning product to determine nature and scope of problem
- Analyze inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action
- Coordinate problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs
- Provide a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
- Develop and conduct training on the safe operations of equipment and demonstrate skills to trainees, including both team members and customers
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years Service Engineer, hands-on experience with Chromatography (HPLC, UPLC) and other laboratory systems noted required
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
Essential Functions and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to safely lift 50 Lbs with assistance on occasion
- Ability to safely lift and carry 25-30 Lbs continuously throughout the day
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function
- Ability to travel overnight at a minimum of 15%
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Required to work independently within a customer location
- Extensive walking/standing may be required for 75-85% of the day
- May pass through areas where chemical based products may be in use
- Must possess motor skills appropriate to the task
- Must be able to safely lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs with assistance
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on the hazard, appropriate personal protective equipment may be worn. Example: lab coats, coveralls, hood, face shield, respirator, hairnets, steel toed shoes and/or safety gloves
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, biology, chemistry or related field or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in a related science, engineering and/or customer facing role
- Uses effective questioning to identify customer needs
- Exercises judgment setting work priorities and identifies next steps
- Requires minimal oversight
- Participates as a positive influence to the team
- Quickly adapts to change with positive and constructive feedback
- Masters level degree
- Experience in a clinical, diagnostics and/or other regulated environments
- Aptitude for learning and understanding IT systems and processes
- Experience in related product applications
Frequent travel to customer site is required and ranges from 25-75% of work time. Works both in home office as well as in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 40 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts.
NOTE: This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Based at customer site in Hopewell, NJ, with occasional travel to other sites in NJ and surrounding areas. Local and overnight travel required up to 15%. This position is not approved for relocation assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join