The Product Sales Specialist serving our Bulk Elemental Analysis (BEA) division will have the following specific responsibilities:
Execute sales strategies, and drive growth for the individual territories within his appointed region.
Provide timely technical sales support, elaborate quotations for the relevant product line/products
Ensure the strategy agreed between the Sales and Marketing Management Team is effectively implemented for the relevant product (s).
The technical selling aspect of the Product Sales Specialist role requires:
Technical and commercial skills to understand the customer needs.
Presentation of the best TFS solution (solution selling).
Negotiation of orders, review of Terms and Conditions
Technical and commercial closing of orders.
For business development, the Product Sales Specialist will be expected to:
Use the provided sales tools and methods to maximize success in closing orders
Develop and deliver customer seminars and workshops
Contribute to scientific conferences (posters, lectures, etc)
Provide technical support to trade show booths
Work with any relevant alliance partners on activities in the region
Drive new product introduction processes for the region via training, seminars, key account visits and any other events which may be appropriate
Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific in the region (Italy) by clearly and consistently communicating Thermo Fisher mission, vision, values and objectives to both end-user customers and potential channel partners.
BS in Material Sciences, Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or other technical/science degree
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 5+ years of work experience in technical sales and/or direct experience working
mainly in the industrial markets such as Metals, Mining and Cement
- Experience of analytical solutions (like spectroscopy) for material characterization and/or
process control - metallurgical experience in ferrous/nonferrous materials a plus
- Track record in achieving or exceeding business objectives on a consistent basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Italian, English; additional languages
Additional Skills: (if needed)
- Customer oriented attitude and good team player
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Good knowledge of Office software (Excel, World, PowerPoint,…) and internet software
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 50-60%
- Driving license
Place of work:
This role requires a relatively high percentage of travel within Italy (>50%) plus occasional other international travel. Candidates need to be located in Italy, working from their home-office or one of the Italian Thermo Fisher Offices.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join