Job ID :
US - Arizona - Tempe
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Application Scientist position is a global support role for the Affinity Consumables product line that is part of the Laboratory Product Essentials business. This role will assist product management through technical support and training. The applications scientist will work with the commercial team and customers on issues as well as troubleshooting problems. The scientist will also work with marketing communications on content creation for various market segments.
· Performance of application tests to support customer requests and issues.
· Support the product manager in the creation of marketing materials including specification sheets and application notes.
· General lab and immunoassay experience; experience with automation systems, LC-MS and LC-MS/MS is a plus.
· Verification and evaluation testing of new and sustaining projects.
· Beta testing and execution of verification/validation testing for new product introductions.
· Help in resolving customer complaints including providing feedback to management, commercial, quality and engineering.
· Train commercial and other team members on updated products.
· Support the quality manager in the performance of quality testing
· Professional Characteristics:
· Must work well with others – inspires trust and open communication amongst team members and peers. Passionately shares Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 4i values.
· Global mindset, excellent communication and presentation skills, including strong active listening skills.
· Results and proactive solution driven, the ability to think critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks
· Successful communicator both verbally and written
· Minimum of a BS or BA in life sciences
· 3 years of experience in applications support or field applications.
· Strong skills in writing technical/scientific publications. Having been published is a plus.
· Experience in evaluating new products.
· Strong technical capabilities consistent within market segment.
· Experience working with customers, commercial teams and varied sales channels including distributors and direct.
· Requires up to 20% travel including international.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join