When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Portable Analytical Instruments, a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the leader in handheld XRF, Raman, and Infrared devices that enable precise material identification and characterization across a wide variety of end markets. It is the product of three acquisitions over the past decade and brings together a product portfolio with leading market positions globally. The business is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, Scientific/Algorithm Development
- Perform all phases of software development including design, implementation, testing, integration, maintenance, and software release for our company’s portable analytical instrument products.
- Development and support of GUI, middleware, communications and other layers of the software stack using object oriented programming (OOP) techniques in C/C++ and Qt on a Linux environment.
- Integration of algorithms & mathematical functions for the identification and quantification of materials using x-ray and optical spectroscopy
- Participate in code, design and test plan reviews.
- Work with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies in a Test Driven Development environment.
- Proficient in developing with C++ on Linux.
- Matlab and algorithm experience.
- Design Pattern Experience.
- Enjoys solving problems and troubleshooting.
- Experience following formal software development lifecycle, including working with requirements, creation of functional/design specifications, code reviews, code coverage and engaging in process enhancements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics with 5 years experience in the field.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or green card holder
- SQL, schema and db experience
- Experience with Test Driven Development in an Agile Environment.
- Experience with Embedded Linux and QT.
- XML and JSON
- Tools: Jira, Git, GitLab, Confluence
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join