When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Program Manager is responsible for leading product development teams through the product commercialization process (PCP), ensuring the teams follow product development best practices, adhere to specific regulatory requirements (as needed) as well as assuring design control, managing program budget and overall execution.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Leads, directs and is responsible for day-to-day aspects and delivery of projects and programs.
- Drives projects through cross-functional teams by following and managing cost, schedule and resource plans.
- Holds team members accountable for deliverables.
- Provides training and constructive input to team members.
- Adapts communication to accommodate audience diversity and may communicate internally at higher levels.
- Provides clear, concise information and reports to all levels of the project team.
- Interacts with peers, functional groups and customers; presents project status and updates to the Product Approval Committee.
- Communicates with internal customers clearly and to communicate technical system information and processes in a non-technical manner.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- 5+ years experience in managing projects of varying size and complexity through stage-gate processes, preferably in the life sciences.
- Bachelor's degree in scientific field or business administration; or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience.
- Experience working with and effectively communicating (listen, speak, present and write) to all levels of management and build working relationship with others outside of the project team.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of the Portfolio and Program Management team and in a matrix reporting environment.
- Ability to organize and disseminate information efficiently, and convey expectations of accountability.
- Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and “take ownership of issues and tasks”.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- 2+ years experience in a biological science, particularly experience with cell culture and analysis.
- Experience developing products in a regulated environment
- Experience with MS software, including MS Project.
- PMP certification
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com