When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Medical Science Liaison is responsible for educating across the continuum of customers (alliance partners, channel partners, hospitals, professional organizations, etc.) on disease states applicable to biomarkers, the clinical application, utility, and impact of existing and future markers. Responsibilities include the development and maintenance of internal and external customer relationships in assigned geographic areas, maintaining a high level of customer service, and demonstrating accountability for their part in the entire corporate growth objective. In this capacity, the Medical Science Liaison serves as the disease and assay clinical expert for internal and external clients and home office personnel.
- Develop and maintain respectful relationships with Advisors, Key Opinion Leaders, and other influencers within the therapeutic areas of interest to Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Interact with a wide range of external thought leaders such as physicians, pharmacists, and allied healthcare professionals to provide appropriate scientific exchange (fair-balanced scientific and technical assay and disease state information) on behalf of TFS.
- Identify potential opportunities with leading researchers in the field as consultants and for future research projects.
- Effectively develop and manage demand generation and clinical awareness aspects of regional account development plan.
- Evaluate and administer external requests for research, training, and continuing nursing/medical education.
- Work corroboratively with alliance partners to provide clinical, technical and scientific training on clinical applications, programs and issues.
- Ensure compliance of activities with TSF's policies as well as pertinent local, state, and federal regulations.
- Interact as a field expert with other functional areas in the company to develop a thorough exchange of planning information between customers and these business areas.
- Interact as a consulting expert with customers to assist in the development of pathways/ protocols to improve clinical practice.
- Interact effectively with Alliance Partners when necessary to support the goals of company business.
- The job holder is responsible at all times for representing the organization in a professional manner; for monitoring processes and procedures; and suggesting amendments or improvements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Health Science field is required (RN, PA, NP, CS, PharmD, Rph). Nursing Associate degree with accompanying RN certification from an accredited program may be acceptable with a non-nursing Bachelor degree. Masters degree desired 3-5 years previous Healthcare Industry experience required. 3-5 years Hospital experience required in (any) ICU (RN, PA, NP, CS, PharmD, Rph)
- The position requires anywhere from 1 - 3 days of travel per week (estimated ~30% - 40% travel).
- The position requires a high degree of flexibility with the ability to work both independently and demonstrated ability to function as part of a team.
- The Medical Science Liaison should exhibit excellent problem solving and persuasion skills and the ability to create success by professionally presenting Thermo Fisher Scientific (TFS) to both individuals and multidisciplinary groups.
- Demonstrated capability for scientific, creative and strategic thinking, and an ability to present and maintain fair-balance during scientific discussions/presentations
- Ability to assess and respond to clinical information, scientific/medical concepts and to present a fair balanced highly clinical, scientific and professional profile of disease state therapies and products, and any other therapies and products of interest to Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Ability to expertly communicate skills both in writing and via formal presentation.
- Ability to resolve emerging issues using existing teams and/or an established network of expert consultants.
- Proactively communicates across teams to assure alignment and action.
- Demonstrated comprehensive skills in establishing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of external thought leaders including physicians, pharmacists, and allied healthcare professionals.
- Adapt communication style to the audience in order to be heard.
- Invest time in building teamwork and developing collaborative relationships with other teams and individuals across Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and understanding toward others at all levels and functions within the organization.
- Remain empathic and supportive under pressure.
- Ability to assimilate and convey scientific and clinical information; ability to analyze and present basic financial data.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS-Office and other software packages as may be applicable for the position
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join