The role of Genetic Analysis Sales Specialist is to drive sales for our four core genetic instrument businesses: Next Generation Sequencing ION Torrent (NGS), Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) based sequencing, Real-time PCR and Microarray’s.
In this role you will use your knowledge of the business and external context to commit to and deliver profitable initiatives that build sales.
Furthermore you will be responsible for implementing sales strategy and tactics for these product lines and applications to achieve sales figures.
The role is home office based ideally in the northern part of Germany
- Achieve the agreed sales target in all product lines – instruments, consumables and service.
- Increase the install base of Thermo Fisher Scientific Instrumentation within the sales territory ( ION Torrent, Capillary Electrophoresis, Real-Time PCR and Microarrays)
- Work together with local sales colleagues and manager sales to ensure all possible actions are done in order to secure business in competitive situations.
- Drive business expansion in collaboration with Support, Sales and Market Development.
- Build up reference sites as required.
- Set up and undertake complex negotiations. Review effectiveness or negotiation strategy on a continual basis. Benchmark own sales techniques against best practice. Coach sales colleagues and ensure transfer of knowledge, experience and best sales practice.
- Sales Forecasting.
- Anticipate pipeline changes and has plans in place to address shortfalls.
- See trends and coordinate sales activities with sales manager accordingly.
- Best practice in Customer Relation Management system utility. Customer, Account and Opportunity Management.
- Academic degree (MSc) or equivalent experience in Life Science.
- Sound knowledge of sequencing (NGS and CE), Real-Time PCR and Microarrays; methods and applications.
- Minimum two years of relevant sales and account management in the life science industry.
- Proven track record in successfully selling consumables and capital investment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship development skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to establish short & long-term business objectives.
- Fluent in German and English
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join