Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Chelmsford
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Water Purification is one of the business segments within the Water and Lab Products Business unit of the Laboratory Products Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific. Water Purification products consists of purifications systems and its associated consumables and accessories mainly focused in Life Science, Analytical and General Lab Purpose applications. The Product Manager is a global position which drives the value of the product portfolio with the development and implementation of new products, branding and channel management of their specific product line for the Water & Lab Products (WLP) Business Unit in the Laboratory Product Division (LPD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
As we believe in the growth opportunities within this market segment, we continuously make investments into this product portfolio. Reporting to Sr. Global Product Manager, The Product Manager will hold a critical role of a Product Steward for delivering sustainable business success with modeled customer experience working with cross functional team globally.
· Develop the global market segmentation strategy as it relates to the product portfolio
· Drive global marketing related activities for both new product development and existing products with an emphasis on innovation and brand.
· Manage the product life cycle from inception to obsolescence
· Develop the global strategic plan and execution strategy
· Create, manage and monitor business plan & product road map for all new and existing products
· Establish product positioning recommendations and guidance to the local organization and BU Market segment teams considering price, volume profitability.
· Obtain and interpret product/market information via surveys, market/product analysis, focus groups and customer feedback
· Conduct market research and voice of customer (VOC) for data driven decision making
· Conduct and present comprehensive product training
· Analyze, interpret, and report out monthly management reports in regards to product sales activity to budget, programs, market and channel trends and competition
· Specify, plan, and participate in industry conferences and exhibitions
· Courageous, outgoing, analytical, disciplined, agile, team oriented
· Ability to effectively lead and manage a team through influence in a matrix organizational structure
· Results and proactive solution driven, the ability to think critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks
· Proactively cooperate with other departments especially with respect to product development
· Ability to effectively present to all levels of an organization internally and externally
· Minimum of a BS/BA is required
· MBA preferred
· Has worked in marketing led organizations
· Experience managing products / product lines – Water Purification/Filtration preferred
· Exposure to digital marketing and eCommerce
· Strong communication skills
· Require up to 30% travel including international
· Ability to work in a multinational / multicultural environment
· Global business acumen
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
· 3 - 5 years of product management experience.
· Background in Lab equipment preferably Water Purification / Filtration
· Demonstrated experience working with customers, commercial teams and varied sales channels including Tier 1 and Tier 2 distributors and direct.
· Experience in developing and launching new products for global markets
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join