When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated and energetic Engineering Project Manager to manage the development and deployment of existing and next generation analytical instruments with a focus on software development. The candidate will work cross functionally within R&D and others including Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, Marketing, Product Management, Service and Finance to drive product development from user requirements to market launch. The candidate must have solid project management skills, experience developing complete instrument systems (hardware and software) and experience with phase gate product development processes. A hands-on attitude and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment are mandatory.
Our technology is based on NIR, FTIR, Raman and X-Ray fluorescence. Our products are considered state of the art and we utilize the latest technology available to continuously evolve our product line.
Please visit www.thermoscientific.com/pai for more information about our products and technologies.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct the planning and execution of multiple concurrent new product programs involving hardware, software and finished product development. This position will place heavy emphasis on software development.
- Lead multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams comprised of marketing, finance, product management, engineering, software, applications, operations and others.
- Apply and manage agile development principles while driving software development projects in support of new products and upgrades.
- Identify and pro-actively manage program risk. Develop program options and drive risk-decision making throughout the organization.
- Develop and manage program timetables.
- Develop program budgets and ensure programs are managed within allotted cost parameters.
- Provide dynamic leadership to core teams and sub-teams. Delegate work effectively and efficiently to team members and support staff.
- Participate in the analysis of customer requirements and development of system design parameters to meet those requirements.
- Be a significant contributor to the improvement of the company’s new product development process.
- Minimum 5+ years technical project management experience utilizing various new product development methodologies including agile, concurrent, critical path and others. Ability to distinguish project needs and apply various methods as appropriate.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience in a structured phase gate new product development process.
- Strong understanding of organizations that design, develop and produce technical products. Proven understanding of cross-relationships and dependencies, and ability to leverage that knowledge to reduce risk and improve project performance.
- Superior project management skills including team building, organizing, budgeting, planning, time management and risk management.
- Strong communications skills including verbal, written and presentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Proven ability to listen for understanding, negotiate and mediate differences to reach consensus while maintaining strong focus on technical and business objectives.
- Experience in the concurrent development of both hardware and software in leading edge technical products.
- Strong understanding FMEA & DFMEA process
- MS Project experience required, DOORS experience is a plus.
- BS in technical degree or equivalent experience
- PMP certification or ability to attain
- Must be U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join