Field Service Engineer
Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Remote / Field
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
We are searching for a talented Service Engineer to troubleshoot, repair, install, and update Finesse products, along with consulting with customers at their sites.
• Troubleshoot, repair, install, and update Finesse (now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific) products at client sites as needed.
• Consult with customers regarding product operation, product optimization, technical troubleshooting and usage training.
• Aid in optimizing revenue and new product development opportunities while maintaining a high level of responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
• Help to cultivate customer satisfaction through ensuring prompt customer response times and problem resolution.
• Provides up-to-date service reporting on customer activities.
• Perform Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and Installation/Operational Qualification (IQ/OQ) Protocols.
• Provide regular updates to management on customer requests for new products and on competitive activity; provide customer feedback to hardware and software groups.
• Maintain a high level of integrity with existing and potential client base.
• Maximize the service potential for revenue and customer satisfaction.
• Develop and implement technical assistance and product training to Sales group.
• Obtain customer software backups as necessary.
• Interface technically and assist in demonstration of Finesse products to potential customers.
• Unpack equipment, stage equipment in customer’s lab: Computers, Vessel stations (G3Lab Universals, G3Pro, etc.), TruLogic, Scales (if applicable), TCU (if applicable).
• Connect all process and network cables as well as utilities (electrical, chilled water, etc.).
• Verify communication between computers, TruLogic, vessel stations and additional equipment.
• High School diploma and minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, with 0-2 years of experience.
• Electrical/software or mechanical engineering or scientific background.
• Competent with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be able to travel 75-100% of the time.
• If located in California, must be able to work in the Northern part of the state.
• Certified electrician or controls engineer.
• Delta V or other control software experience.
• Experienced with Single Use Technology (Upstream and/or downstream).
• Controls and Qualifications (C&Q) experience in facility, equipment or utilities.
• Knowledge of Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), change control, deviations management and document management systems.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join