Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science. Making the world healthier, cleaner and safer by building and distributing product for the pharmaceutical industry on time with quality in a highly regulated environment. Assign workflow on production floor to balance workload and maintain efficiency. Builds capabilities of team. Responsible for shift operations.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is looking for a highly motivated, proactive, detail-oriented individual to join our manufacturing team. In this role, you will lead a team that operates a variety of processing and packaging equipment to manufacture polymer and other consumables for genetic sequencing instrumentation in accordance with ISO9001 and ISO13485 guidelines.
Location: Framingham, MA
Hours: 2nd Shift 1:00pm-9:30pm
- Perform necessary functions to support manufacturing operations. Including, but not limited to the following:
- Package materials into their finished goods configurations. Set-up/calibrate/operate processing and packaging equipment to manufacture polymer and other consumables for genetic sequencing instrumentation. Equipment includes vessels, mixers, pouch-filling systems, heat sealers, peristaltic pumps, filtration systems, and packaging equipment.
- Material Inspection and packaging of finished-goods product into final packaging.
- Weigh, measure and check raw materials with batches manufactured contain proper materials and quantities.
- Cycle-counting/ordering of inventory to ensure inventory levels are correct.
- Act as primary point of contact for second shift operations. Supervise the daily production process to ensure that work is being completed on-time and in accordance to quality specifications.
- Direct others through; distribute workload; clear communication
- Managing & Measuring work by tracking and assigning responsibilities for tasks; set clear objectives and provide feedback
- Complete and maintain Quality Records in compliance with regulatory requirements (ISO9001 and ISO13485) and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain equipment and rooms in proper operating condition and proper cleanliness/5S standards.
- Perform activities in a controlled environment up to and including clean room conditions.
- Investigate and communicate failures and deviations to supervisor and team.
- Prioritize team's workload to maximize daily output according to business needs.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement ideas to increase productivity. Improve the production processes by utilizing the tools outline in PPI (Practical Process Improvement)
- Working efficiently and in multiple teams to accomplish manufacturing goals.
- Write/revise Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform duties within the corporate EH&S Standards.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2 year post high school education or applicable industry experience required
- Working knowledge, Microsoft Office (Word, PP, Excel)
- High level communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to mentor, train, motivate and coach
- Ability to identify waste and improve processes
- Great Time management
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- 1 year experience leading a team in a professional work environment
This position is not budgeted for relocation.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join