The Employment Brand & Recruitment Marketing Manager, CHINA has full accountability for activating Thermo Fisher Scientific’s employer brand across CHINA while interfacing and coordinating with corporate. Additionally, this role will be responsible for driving all aspects of internal communications and culture, partnering with the HR leadership, including planning, message development, executive positioning, reputation management, internal events.
Targeting both internal and external audiences, you’ll be accountable for leveraging the global employment brand architecture and implementing a content-based strategy through storytelling, segmenting by audience and leveraging the search and social recruitment landscape. You will be the go-to resource for the CHINA Talent Acquisition team on best practices in the recruitment marketing world –driving awareness of and shaping the company’s reputation, internal and external employee brand, from messaging strategies to collateral development and everything in between. You’ll corresponding metrics to determine when and how to advertise our CHINA jobs and our company as an employer. And, probably most fun, you’ll be a key ambassador of our corporate culture, serving as a connector between teams, departments and people. Importantly, the successful candidate will leverage his/her knowledge of both the communications discipline and the business to assure a proactive internal communications approach to drive focus, clarity and engagement.
Provide professional level support and service in the activation of the Employer Brand across CHINA, including the design, management and implementation of the regional media buy, the management of external vendor relationships and the creation and development of recruitment marketing, branding and advertising programs.
- From TA perspective, develop the CHINA employer brand IMC (Integrated Marketing Communications) activation plan and ensure appropriate ROI for tactics and strategy in coordination with the senior management team. This will be accomplished by developing a keen understanding of the business goals and strategies of the company.
- Activate the brand against the IMC plan.
- Develop, edit and post content to the Global Career site to support CHINA hiring, and populate the TA intranet with tools to support the TA team activate the brand.
- Develop, engage and manage the regional relationship with TMP Worldwide, our recruitment-advertising partner. Act as the primary point of contact for CHINA media. Participate in biweekly work-in-progress calls.
- Collaborate closely with CHINA TA leadership and team to support regional hiring objectives.
- Close coordination with headquarters in North America on global employer branding efforts.
- Provide CHINA TA communication support such as drafting newsletter copy and refining team presentations.
- Understand the best analytics and evaluation practices. Develop and present consistent, timely reporting on key performance indicators.
- Utilize experience with the internet and web, as well as newer communication outlets, such as forums and blogs, to help reach the Regional business objectives and identify trends in the industry that can be used to attract talent (such as the next LinkedIn).
- Conduct/monitor, analyze and research innovative and varied tools and initiatives.
- Identify and recommend changes to policies and procedures that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the communications function.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Advertising or in a directly related field is required.
- Documented experience developing a successful marketing campaign that engaged target audiences and led to sustainable growth. Specific examples required.
- 7-10 years of marketing/communications experience with the media and public relations environment, with 2 of which are recruitment related.
- Ability to develop, implement and measure strategic marketing plans.
- Experience with creative design, editing and production of major publications and digital media.
- Results oriented, metrics driven performance.
- Excellent editing and proofreading abilities in Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Ability to direct the delivery of content that engages audiences for multiple media channels.
- Ability to work independently and on deadline, and handle multiple projects.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in launching and managing a major brand.
- Judgment to balance creativity and innovation with the need to respect and preserve the image and mission of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Ability to understand and work effectively and comfortably within a matrix and global environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and creative problem solving skills.
- A strategic, flexible and detail-oriented style with strong analytical skills and an ability to frame complex issues and problems and seek optimal solutions.
- Working knowledge of common HR concepts, practices and procedures is strongly preferred.
- Must be fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese both in written and verbal. Additional language capability is a plus.
Nature and Scope:
- This position interacts with all levels of personnel in and outside of the company.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to interface with varying personal styles in an effective way.
- Good judgement, tact and diplomacy with internal and external customers.
- The ability to handle confidential and proprietary information.
- The ability to work in ambiguous situations.
- The incumbent must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude toward the job, the company and their work team.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join