Reporting to the Director Finance, this position is responsible for leading the Financial Planning and Analysis requirements for LPD (Laboratory Products Division). This position will work closely with the Director Finance on enhancing the financial reporting and analysis capabilities of the Rochester site and supporting Rochester based operating functions with sound business analysis. This role will work closely with the LPD (Laboratory Products Division) Business Unit and the Director of Operations for Rochester, Fairport and Monterrey, Mexico.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary (direct ownership):
- Enhance Financial Reporting and Forecasting Process
- Work closely with Divisional (LPD) finance management to evaluate and identify key reporting requirements and develop efficient processes to deliver timely, actionable and high quality financial reports.
- Work closely with the LPD Financial value stream leaders to improve global financial reporting that meets the needs of our financial, operational and commercial business partners.
- Improve our abilities to forecast monthly and quarterly business activities that meet the needs of our divisional finance.
- Improve the financial reporting and analytical capabilities of the department through the use of SAP/HFM and business intelligence reporting enhancements.
- Drive the opportunity to locally leverage the data repositories for consistent business reporting.
- Develop relationships with site leadership and operational functions to help drive improvements in operational efficiency, business performance and demand and business forecasting.
- Provide best in class support to local operational, commercial and business unit leadership.
- LDP is a growing business unit with a significant amount and scope of special initiatives in play at any one time. The FP&A group provides critical support to the Site Leadership Team (GM, Director of Operations, IT and Finance) for these initiatives.
- Balance multiple requests and deliverables by prioritizing and communicating openly and often regarding commitments and challenges.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the FP&A team in terms of balancing commitments and developing prioritization skills.
- Develop close collaborative relationships with site leaders and functional managers.
- Network with other LDP finance leaders and teams to provide more consistent and actionable reporting for the business unit, share best practices and create efficiencies in operations.
- Effectively manage the FP&A team by providing direct leadership to the FP&A analysts.
- Ensure the group is structured and staffed in order to most efficiently meet the objectives of the position.
- Be proactively involved in staff career development and objective setting as part of the overall finance team.
- Identify areas of opportunity to create efficiencies in processes and procedures which are aligned with our Rochester goal tree objectives.
- Help leverage resources within the accounting and FP&A teams to provide more efficient use of resources, cross-train staff and reduce the impact of deadlines on individuals.
- Utilize corporate and business unit resources to help meet deadlines and deliver timely and accurate information.
- Drive ownership and accountability within your team to help develop leadership skills and manage FP&A deadlines and commitments.
- Provide leadership and enhancement of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and formal forecast process.
- Critically evaluate the current AOP process and identify process improvements for our next plan
- Develop roles and responsibilities within the FP&A team to manage the AOP and forecast processes. Ensure clear communication channels exist for local and LSP business leaders in relation to timing, changes and completion of the process.
- Drive departmental ownership of budgets and forecasts throughout the Rochester operations. Develop local reporting that assists department mangers in understanding and meeting their commitments.
- Incorporate the entire finance team in the development of and analysis of the monthly and quarterly business results
- Help develop methods and processes for forecasting changes in inventory (capitalized variances and absorption), accruals (focus on corporate expenses) and accounts receivable.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance with 7 to 10 years of progressive experience in financial analysis, reporting and accounting leadership for manufacturing operations, and overall business environments within a large, professionally run operating company.
- Business Intelligence platform experience strongly desired (Microsoft BI)
- Excellent communication and management skills required.
- Technical capabilities should include staffing, budgeting, organizing and employee development. MBA/MS or CPA desired
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join