As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Field Application Specialist, Genomics
Based in the Benelux
Are you passionate about making a difference within the Life Science segment? Are you looking for a role that combines science, training, troubleshooting and working with customers in various scientific domains? Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast paced global leader in service science? If so, this might be the perfect role for you...
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for a Field Applications Specialist (FAS) to cover the Benelux. As an FAS you will provide scientific expertise, applications support and training to customers with a focus on our microarray and QPCR products through a variety of interfaces including in-person, phone and email communications. Combining customer relation, training and support, this function is well suited for those who enjoy working with customers of diverse scientific backgrounds. You will act as a trusted expert to our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty resulting in a contribution to the overall success of the business. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through your career.
- Provide in-house and on-site scientific application support & training support on brand products, thereby contributing substantially to customer satisfaction.
- Perform product demonstrations and training at customer or company sites
- Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences
- Support the Support & Service organization in the achievement of the regional training and service contract sales target through customer interaction and relation.
- Support sales in the achievement of the regional sales target by delivering product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities.
- Solve customer escalations effectively through in depth troubleshooting.
- Remain up to date with product and state of the art scientific know how and work in line with our Support & Service Competencies.
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a MSc and/or PhD in Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related scientific field.
- Good working knowledge of genomic applications in addition is considered essential.
- Requires at least 3 years of laboratory or related work experience in genomics.
- Knowledge of automated liquid handling systems is advantageous
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to enquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the scientific community.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic mathematical and statistical analysis to data.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Customer facing experience is an asset. Good commercial insight and attitude required.
- Very strong communications and team-working skills.
- Capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts.
- Independent and self-driven personality.
- Available to travel throughout territory and internationally as needed.
- Clean driver’s license.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join