Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Manufacturing Engineering Intern – Operations – Madison, Wisconsin
The Manufacturing Engineering Intern position provides an opportunity for Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering students to gain real world manufacturing experience and will focus on process optimization, lean methodologies, and emerging technologies. This intern will assist with projects designed to hit key productivity and savings goals, maximize quality, and accelerate products through the development phase. The position starts in summer 2018 (40 hours weekly) and could continue into the fall of 2018 (part-time).
- Lead a project aimed at driving additional automation into legacy processes
- Daily and/or historical data collection
- Development and maintenance of meaningful performance metrics
- Risk analysis and mitigation planning
The Manufacturing Engineering intern works under the supervision of the departmental lead and a Senior Manufacturing Engineering mentor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team:
- Strong willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Highly organized, able to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Must be goal oriented
REQUIRED LEVEL OF EDUCATION
- Junior or senior level bachelor student currently enrolled in classes leading to a degree in an engineering related field.
- Six sigma trained, working knowledge of ISO9000 requirements, SAP proficient
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join