Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve the planned growth for revenue and bookings in the assigned accounts/territory while maintaining or exceeding gross margin goals.
- Owns the account management and ensures that account plans and sales activities are consistent with overall business goals. Conducts monthly and quarterly account reviews to reflect progress and market changes.
- Possesses sufficient technical, operations and business knowledge to present a compelling value proposition to prospects and customers. Achieves revenue growth, profitability, expense control, process optimization, productivity, and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Collaborates with customers to understand their business needs and strategic objectives, forms relationships with decision-makers and identifies, develops and closes enterprise services business opportunities.
- Builds relationships at multiple levels of account and across all constituents.
- Prospects across accounts to ensure that target opportunities are identified and developed across sites and geographies.
- Qualifies potential opportunities early in the sales cycle and manages the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way ensuring Thermo Fisher is invited to all associated RFP’s.
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments in a proactive and timely manner.
- Ensures client satisfaction by collaborating with other Thermo Fisher business units to provide a single face to the customer and ensuring that any major conflicts with customers are resolved.
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively and to develop competitive differentiation.
- Collaborates with other groups within Thermo Fisher to implement strategies, identify and address cross-selling and synergistic business opportunities and overcome obstacles.
- Maintain strong collaborative working relationships with commercial key account and cooperate focus account team.
- Ensures all activities are carried out in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience on selling strategic service business solutions.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Advanced PC skills, especially in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Sales or operations experience in research or clinical industry.
- 1+ year experience on key account management
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: (key quantifiable skills or position requirements that the candidate must have to be considered for this position.)
- Strong collaborative track record, which includes working within a matrix environment along with the ability to find solutions to a common goal.
- Familiarity with commercial operations, relationship management and marketing tools.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Reflector style – able to learn from mistakes and always wants to achieve best possible performance.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with customers, peers, and upper management.
- Self motivated; bias for action.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Experienced in driving customer allegiance and growing existing customer base
Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join