About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
Our five premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
This position will be responsible for the identification of in-licensed intellectual property associated with new product introduction, calculation of anticipated royalty rates in accordance with contractual obligations, and proactive consultation to product development teams regarding the use of licensed technology. As part of the Contract Management and Analytics (CMA) team, this position will support other financial and non-financial obligations relating to licenses and other contracts, including the administration of Limited Use Label Licenses.
- Identifying licensed technology associated with new product introduction programs, informing product development teams about royalty obligations, and advising on product configurations.
- Interfacing with other team members in the Legal, Marketing, Product Management, New Product Introduction, R&D, and Licensing departments to ensure awareness of license compliance-related matters.
- Supporting the audit program by evaluating licensees’ compliance with financial and non-financial obligations as well as providing assistance during in-bound audits.
- Applying new or existing Limited Use Label Licenses to products and services.
- Providing support for scientific/intellectual property/license-based initiatives as required.
- A minimum of three to five years years of experience in a life science or biotechnology company and/or technology transfer office is required.
- Experience with license agreements is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with reviewing patent claims is especially desirable.
- A degree in life sciences or physical sciences is required.
- An advanced degree, M.S. or higher, in life sciences or physical sciences is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills are essential.
- The abilities to work independently, prioritize projects, multi-task, and work well in a fast-paced interdisciplinary team are essential.
- A collaborative, positive attitude is essential.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Country - State - City US - California - Carlsbad
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join