Location: Sunnyvale, CA
The Marketing Communications (MarCom) Manager is responsible for developing, executing and optimizing plans for products/solutions and initiatives which optimize a promotional mix across advertising, publicity, tradeshows, sales tools, webinars, collateral, direct marketing, and electronic marketing to deliver campaign results across multiple geographies.
This position involves working with a team of MarCom Specialists to help prioritize projects within the assigned product line, optimize marketing strategies, develop and implement promotional plans, and measure the effectiveness of implemented programs.
The MarCom Manager will provide communications expertise, participate in the Marketing Communications annual planning process, and will be responsible for closely managing project budgets and ROI in alignment with strategic goals and priorities.
The MarCom Manager will also partner with cross functional services and teams (social media, digital marketing, Design Center, 3rd party agencies) to plan and create customer facing content at vertical and product levels from traditional to digital deliverables.
- Develop and implement marketing communications plans for assigned vertical/product lines and projects, working closely with the Sr. MarCom Manager to review plans. Includes working with Product and Marketing Managers and communication (social, digital, design) staff to develop effective plans that are integrated as appropriate into the MarCom budget and campaign plans. Manage those plans throughout the year to ensure projects are initiated and completed on target.
- Partner with marketing to drive effective value propositions, and outbound messaging.
- Write clear, crisp, benefit-oriented creative briefs that summarize and filter information.
- Coordinate with other groups within CMD (and outside division) as appropriate, so resulting promotions present Thermo Scientific CMD brand across product categories.
- Develop product, service, vertical market, capability and solution specific MarCom programs, including sales collateral, case studies, advertisements, mailers, product announcements,
webinars, press releases, technical web content, etc. in a timely manner. Also includes working with product and marketing managers to facilitate development of appropriate sales tools.
- Partner with analytics team to evaluate and report effectiveness of campaigns on the necessary cadence to track program success in terms of contact list building, nurturing and qualified leads.
- Knowledge of systems and tools for effective project management such as Quickbase and SmartSheet.
- Forecast and manage budget and timelines at the deliverable level.
- Partner with Regional MarCom groups for seamless transition of field marketing activities to align with global campaigns.
- Exceptional copy writing and editing skills, with the ability to work across media, from print to digital.
- Ensure that content is reviewed and taken through proper Regulatory and Legal approvals.
- Manage vendors and contractors as needed.
- Bachelors or Masters degree preferred.
- 5 +years of proven experience in marketing or marketing agency preferred.
- 3+ years of proven people management experience preferred.
- Promotional copywriting experience.
- Experience in drafting and leading creative briefs.
- Experience in managing or facilitating the creative process (concept to execution).
- Experience representing creative work to stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to meet project deadlines in a timely manner.
- Planning - demonstrated project planning skills.
- High level of intensity and comfort level with change.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Travel -up to 10%, domestic or international
- Digital marketing experience.
- Experience with capital equipment preferred.
Relocation not available for this position.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join