We are looking for a Field Service Engineer to carry out corrective service, preventative maintenance and in-house repair of the company’s equipment in a professional, reliable and customer-orientated manner.
This role requires achieving service revenue budget by championing company products, developing strong customer relationships and working closely with commercial and operations teams.
- Perform in accordance with the AS/NZS ISO9002: 1994 Quality Standard.
- Be highly responsive and proactive in dealing with customer’s needs and maintain close and effective relationships with Company Sales, Marketing and Service teams to assure quality outcomes for all service & product issues raised.
- Work with Service Operations staff to effectively manage field service activities and complete administration requirements.
- Perform to designated goals of customer call back, on-site response, and time to resolution and customer expectations.
- Contribute to operational and strategic business plans by advising on contract requirements, installations and overseeing equipment commissioning and maintenance schedules.
- Promote and develop Technical Service capability by actively providing product training to customers and staff.
- Take ownership for customer satisfaction for services performed - liaise with Service Operations and Technical leads for service escalations and follow up with customers on fault resolution.
- Work in accordance to all relevant certification and regulatory requirements such as NATA, ISO, Electrical Safety Acts and OH&S.
- Manage the service process from allocation to completion, including the management of spare parts, service reports and billing summaries on the Astea service system so that invoicing is accurate and KPIs are met.
- Assist the Sales Team with technical information, training and demonstrations as agreed with your manager.
- To help the team achieve sales and margin targets for designated product portfolio/territory.
- Actively seek out new opportunities to grow service and sales revenue to meet and exceeded regional budgets.
- Work closely with Commercial and Marketing teams to ensure that customer needs are met and company products are positioned correctly and effectively supported in the market.
- Tertiary qualification in a technical / electronic / mechanical discipline preferred.
- Appropriate electrical certification.
- Experience within the scientific market and/or familiarity with scientific products preferred.
- Experience in a technical support role preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Microsoft office.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- A dedication and commitment towards displaying a professional and positive attitude to work.
- An initiative taker who has the ability to work autonomously while being a supportive team player.
- Ability to create and foster meaningful and beneficial partnerships with our customers, suppliers and peers.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join