Job Title: Quality Control Specialist and CoA Writer
Requisition ID: 55668BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Quality Control Specialist ensures product quality throughout every stage of operations. This includes inspection of products when received and following up as appropriate when products are rejected. This position is responsible for ensuring that all inventory meet Thermo Fisher’s quality standards.
The CoA (Certificate of Analysis) writer is responsible for creating various certificates (CoA, CoC BSE/TSE) for Thermo Fisher products and responding to customer concerns and requests regarding other technical information. The CoA writer serves as the liaison between the product vendors and end consumers.
This position works independently for day-to-day job functions and reports to the Technical Service and Quality Manager.
- Evaluate receipts of chemicals and precious metals as they are received into the AS400 database.
- Visually inspect products that are received into quality control status.
- Examine distressed product reports and file the appropriate paperwork.
- Immediately initiate any needed DPRs or RIMs when a product is rejected or entered into quality control so that other departments can immediately access it and take appropriate actions.
- Release products that are waiting on a certificate of analysis from quality control immediately after receiving an acceptable certificate.
- Complete daily certifications of analysis ratings for all receivings.
- Participate in the quality control cycle count.
- Responsible for addressing customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Responsible for appropriately coding products that should be in quality control as well as, entering notes and estimating the release date.
- Assist technical services with inquiries of product quality.
- Help all other Thermo Fisher departments when necessary.
- Conduct daily warehouse maintenance.
- Adhere to all warehouse safety guidelines and specifications.
- Other duties within the warehouse as assigned by the Department Manager.
Certificate of Analysis (CoA) Writer:
- Generate Thermo Fisher certificates including Certificates of Analysis, Certificates of Origin, Certificates of Conformance, BSE/TSE, etc.
- Complete certificates for upload into company database and Thermo Fisher website.
- Respond to customer requests for certificates or information.
- Contact vendors to acquire missing technical information required for certificates.
- Responsible for updating the company certificate database to reflect changes in technical information.
- Observes all departmental and Quality System procedures and work instructions.
- Supports Thermo Fisher’s commitment for continuous improvement by documenting process improvement opportunities throughout the Quality System.
Environmental, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Observe all safety rules, procedures, and precautions including requirements for personal protective equipment.
- Support Thermo Fisher’s commitment for environmental health & safety by applying ISO 14001.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or 5+ years lab experience.
- Must be able to document records in English and communicate orally and in writing in English.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work well with people.
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- The ability to work successfully in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of levels in the organization. Strong attention to detail and possess the quality of being precise.
- Must reflect the goals and philosophy of the corporation in all actions and decisions made.
- Organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to construct and carry out plans within given timetables.
- Ability to communicate chemical information.
- Ability to adjust priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in working in a chemical warehouse environment or an analytical lab setting is a plus.
- Experience in inventory control software is a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com