- Work on a cross-functional design team, to develop new high tech, high precision, innovative designs
- Responsible for providing engineering support related to new product development projects including design, analysis, testing, and research. Designs will be RoHS and Regulatory complaint.
- Work with Manufacturing to support shipping products in the areas of quality and obsolesce.
- Improve processes and procedures to increase productivity and quality
- Use SolidWorks to create designs, review other designs, and provide feedback.
- Learn about engineering and instrumentation through daily activities.
- Accept candid feedback and look for improvements.
- This position includes some training on software and tools needed
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- A mechanical intern works under the close supervision of engineers, project managers, and engineering managers.
SPECIFIC SCOPE DATA
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the intern’s experience level and abilities
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Strong willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing scientific instrumentation products
- Highly organized, able to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Strong customer focus
- Must be goal oriented
- Knowledge of least one MCAD (mechanical) tools
REQUIRED LEVEL OF EDUCATION:
- Junior or senior level bachelor’s student currently enrolled in classes leading to a degree in mechanical engineering, or a related field or a recent graduate.
REQUIRED AREA OF STUDY / MAJOR:
- mechanical engineering or related field
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join