When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Customer Service Representative is responsible for processing product orders in a timely fashion from Microgenics (MGC) customers. Respond to customer inquiries about MGC products. Assist in billing and invoicing.
- Respond to customer inquiries received via customer service telephone (ACD), e-mail, fax EDI or other medium.
- Process product orders for US domestic customers and at times may assist with processing orders for international customers.
- Ensure that sales orders are entered into the business system completely and accurately so that they can be invoiced promptly and accurately.
- Ensure that all back up documentation, e.g., PO's are complete and on file. Confirm orders back to customers as appropriate via fax, email or over the phone. As needed, follow up with shipping and customers to make sure products ordered are shipped and received.
- Assist with billing and invoicing to include sales order review etc. May send out information literature to customers and MGC field reps.
- Perform other customer service related tasks and special projects as requested. Work with other departments to resolve issues. May do one or all of the following:
- Process orders from International & OEM customers acting as the communication focal point to facilitate product ordering, shipment scheduling, invoicing and export documentation preparation where warranted; Standing orders - set up, review, shipment scheduling and invoicing. May make recommendations to management on process improvements.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- 5+ years experience in a customer service, order fulfillment and invoicing environment.
- Computer proficiency - MS office, database systems. Proven excellent telephone, communication and people interaction skills, including customer contacts.
- Must be well organized, able to multi-task, attention to detail, follow up skills.
- Must have willingness and ability to adhere to structure telephone schedule and work overtime as required.
- Team player and works well in a team environment.
- Experience with QAD MFG/pro and biotech background a plus.
- Knowledge of export/import requirements desirable.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join