Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Under supervision, follow Production Orders to complete client Packaging requirements
- Under supervision, follow Kitting Plans / Kit Maps to complete client specific kitting projects
- Under supervision, pull correct material from in house software systems
- Under supervision, pick / pack orders
- Under supervision, book Transport
- Meet necessary timelines i.e. couriers / quality
- Under supervision, receive deliveries from couriers
- Under supervision, receive into relevant unit and onto relevant software system
- Under supervision, complete GMP paperwork in timely manner
- Under supervision, inventorize material against document inventory either from in house or client
- Under supervision, complete Cycle counts as and when requested by PM
- Follow SOPs
- Support the business metrics in ensuring that all Company & Regulatory requirements for Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance through supporting the EHS Champion for the Bishop’s Stortford site
- Supports and maintains compliance to all regulatory agencies, this includes but is not limited to; MHRA (GMP), HTA, HFEA and ISO 9001-2008 accreditation
- Gain a complete understanding of all inventory systems such as GPM and In-Trak and any future systems that may be implemented to support the business needs
- Support the culture of Continuous improvement through the PPI Lean process
- Under supervision, ensure all job related paperwork is correct, error-free, and completed in real time as per SOPs
- Exhibits appropriate behavior, language and appearance at all times on the job or at company events
- To be available for infrequent overtime work as necessary and to be willing to attend site, out of hours, in the case of emergency or extraordinary work requirement
- To perform any tasks that may be necessary to run specific projects
- This position functions in a repository environment, which may include working with dry ice, liquid nitrogen cryogenics, hazardous and infectious agents, as well as marked changes in temperature
- GCSE level or equivalent
- IT literate – preferably Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communications
- Ability to read and interpret general procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
- Builds good working relationship with others.
- Able to work under pressure and to support other within the team
- Hands-on experience working with biological and/or pharmaceutical samples(desirable)
- Hands-on experience working in clinical packaging (desirable)
- Experience working in a GMP (GxP) environment (desirable)
- Frequently required to type, sit, stand, walk, lift/carry up to 25kg. Occasionally required to push/roll 280kg lb liquid nitrogen dewars and 4-500kg freezers, and work from a platform ladder
- On call requirement for the role, therefore must live no more than 30 minutes driving time from the facility (preferable)
- Employment is subject to 10 year screening for criminal records, qualifications, previous employment and credit history – Thermo Fisher Scientific have the right not to employ people failing to meet the standards required
*LI - KP1
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join