Job Title: Prepared Media Supply Chain Manager
Location: Perth, Scotland UK
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Prepared Media Supply Chain Manager has functional responsibility for supply planning, warehousing and distribution activities across the prepared media sites of Perth and Wesel. The role is responsible for delivering the required safety, quality, service and financial results across the network. The role holder will ensure Best Practice is introduced throughout the network via Standard Work and Daily / Visual Management. The role holder will ensure that MBD complies with all internal Thermo Fisher, as well as external policies, procedures and regulations. They will also ensure the appropriate training and development of the teams resulting in a motivated and engaged team that learns, grows and delivers the desired business objectives
- Manage and track operational planning across all time horizons. Yearly AOP planning to daily line scheduling
- Execute daily operations in supply planning, warehouse and distribution through the use of standard work and daily / visual management
- Act as the Value Stream Champion for SIOP and CAS, implementing and contributing to the development of the rigorous use of business standard work
- Link SIOP and CAS into operational practices to create an action biased culture of Continuous Improvement
- Manage activities and drive continuous improvement in material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing and receiving.
- Design and execute warehousing strategies for production material
- Promote & champion A safe work environment, working closely with HSE and continual emphasis on safe work habits and working conditions.
- Manage to strategic and financial objectives and department expense budget.
- Assure the proper application of established company policies and guidelines
- Provide for the continuous procedural improvement and employee adherence in order to comply with all GMP/QSR, and ISO requirements related to area of responsibility. Comply with all FDA, ISO, DOT and other regulations as communicated by Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs.
- Solid foundation in Root Cause Problem Solving, Process Flow / Value stream Mapping and Standard Work application.
- Ability to lead remote teams to achieve successful results, including those with a matrix reporting relationship.
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be able to interface & influence effectively at all levels of the organization and work effectively in a complex matrix environment.
- Self motivated with strong leadership skills. Innovative, dynamic, multi-tasking.
- Effective, articulate and concise communicator with effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Able to travel periodically
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Material Management or Supply Chain or equivalent experience.
- Extensive related work experience in multi-faceted Manufacturing environment in a management capacity
- Significant experience of value stream management, data collection and analysis along with ERP systems
- Excellent leadership qualities and experience in running a planning department
- Solid understanding of warehouse management
- Experience in employee involvement principals, business planning and budget planning, execution and productivity and quality improvement methods
- Results oriented and an excellent communicator (oral and written)
- APICS CPIM preferred, but not essential
- Proficient in MRP / MRPII software, SAP preferred
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, Access and MS Project
- German language proficiency highly desirable
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join