As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Installation, maintenance, validation and execution of repairs to equipment and/or software ( Food Safety: Checkweigher, X-ray, Metaldetector) at the customer location within EMEA and outside EMEA, please see www.thermofisher.com/productinspection for additional information.
Field Service Engineer
- Installs, maintains and performs repairs in both the field organisation and in his/her own workplace and trains the customer.
- Provides product and business consultancy/advice.
- Provides (technical) training to distributors and customers.
- Responsible for providing services within the agreed conditions; sets the correct priorities.
- Provides technical support, including by telephone, to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for providing the manager with an accurate status report on the activities.
- Works with the sales department in order to detail: the technical aspects of an offer or product demonstration and correct agreements in respect of orders. Provides the sales department with technical support and leads and also able to follow up directly with the end-user.
- Keeps the records of the activities that have been and are to be carried out in the system intended for that purpose.
- Is responsible for optimisation and accuracy of the car in stock.
- Complies with rules and customer-specific guidelines. Performs all activities within the regulatory framework of the customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Preferable speaking a foreign language, next to the English language.
- Experience in similar position in the packaging industry.
- Technical Degree, mechanical or electronics preferred.
- Technical background, problem solving.
- Working remote.
- Travel requirements 10-30 % outside Benelux/Germany.
- Independant and self-driven personality.
- Driver's license.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join