When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Director, Marketing Analytics & Insights
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking an experienced marketing professional to lead the Life Science Solutions Group global Marketing Analytics and Insights team. The Director of Marketing Analytics and Insights will lead a team that develops, implements and oversee business analysis activities to support all marketing strategies across channels. The Director of Marketing Analytics and Insights will ensure appropriate metrics are in place to enable business and commercial stakeholders to make better informed decisions. This position will also lead a team that works closely with global, divisional and regional marketing teams to gather market intelligence to leverage in marketing campaigns and campaign planning, to ensure a strategic and integrated marketing approach.
- Define ‘metrics that matter’ and manage the process to package these measurements into dashboards and reports to measure performance of the marketing team.
- Actively monitor, analyze and report on the health of marketing contribution to pipeline, program ROI, customer acquisition and penetration, contact acquisition and activity.
- Drive strong sales and marketing alignment with initiatives and processes that support strong lead management, improved lead quality, enhanced data quality and tools and templates
- Work with members of various marketing teams to develop and communicate actionable, revenue-generating strategies by analyzing marketing campaign performance.
- Develop ROI reports/dashboards that communicate marketing performance to key stakeholders within the organization.
- Drive marketing database strategy: analyze gaps in our data, contact acquisition strategy, practices that ensure data quality and measure database health. Develop new ways to mine data to guide marketing investments.
- Utilize analytics tools as well as primary and secondary research to analyze the impact of global marketing initiatives, identify opportunities, establish goals and drive action to ensure campaign success
- Lead a team that analyzes existing market research data (secondary research) and identify key market trends and issues, constituent needs, user/buyer personas and processes, and purchase drivers.
- Identify and conduct market research projects and electronic surveys as needed in support of LSG marketing strategy development.
- Analyze key strategic issues including product evaluation, market and customer research, competitive benchmarking, and technology trends.
- Define and execute a joint-QBR process with commercial operations. Run quarterly/monthly marketing metrics review processes and meetings across all geos.
- Lead a team and foster an environment of innovation, creativity, development and results.
- Regularly assess team performance and effectively communicates with colleagues, global leadership team, and senior management on progress against objectives and future plans for driving performance.
- Participates in talent development initiatives including talent reviews, recruiting, compensation, performance management and training and development programs
- Drives cultural change through Role Model Leadership to unlock the full potential of the organization by developing a high level of employee engagement, and intense focus on our customers and integrity
- BA or BS degree, MBA Preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing – with at least 6 years of marketing operations experience in B2C/B2B life sciences, high tech or pharmaceutical companies.
- 5 years’ experience leading a high performing marketing team.
- The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business, marketing and operations acumen, leadership, agility, and communication skills and will have a passion for data, metrics and reporting. This is a hands-on role and candidates must demonstrate the ability to operate and excel at the strategic as well as tactical levels
- Results-driven with very strong ability to analyze quantitative data to determine program effectiveness, ROI, forecasting.
- Ability to think strategically, but also have exceptional attention to detail in execution. Ability and willingness to be a hands-on leader.
- Extensive experience in market research, analysis, market segmentation and data analytics
- Demonstrated results in improving sales pipeline/funnel close and conversion ratios.
- Must have budget management experience and financial analysis skills.
- Excellence in organization and planning.
- Strong team player with ability to develop effective working relationships across organization: divisional, regional and global marketing teams, sales operations and IT.
- Ability to analyze situations, apply independent judgment, discretion and initiative to address problems and develop practical, thorough and creative solutions. Ability to gather and analyze data and to understand issues from a broad, strategic perspective.
- Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills, including listening and interpretive skills; strong consultative and persuasive skills; and expertise in working effectively and creatively with a wide variety of individuals and groups. High standards of ethical conduct and confidentiality in dealing with various internal and external constituencies.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join