The Senior Application Specialist/Master Trainer is responsible for ensuring the field service engineer, technical support engineer, depot repair engineer, customer service representative and direct customer training is current on all assigned products and safety. Takes an active role in selling and promoting company field service products as well as flow computer products. Works with training manager to develop field service training curriculum for new products. Review and improve current course curriculum as appropriate. Ensure appropriate resource allocation to provide field service coverage to meet response expectations of customers and the business. Work closely with Americas Field Service Manager to maximize engineer utilization to provide rapid response to customers with correct skill set and parts to maximize first time fix rates. Active role in resolving customer complaints and hot accounts/qualitycustomer complaint resolution (CCR) case management. Other duties as may be assigned by the Americas Service Director as business dynamics change.
- Work closely with R&D throughout each stage of the new product implementation process (NPI) development stage gate process and perform as the Service representative to provide input and feedback throughout the NPI process.
- Provide hands-on field service support for start up, testing and troubleshooting support for beta units installed at customer locations during the trial phase of the NPI development process.
- Play an active role to work with R&D, product PLM and technical writer to develop content for service manual and training materials for field service engineers, technical support engineers and regional sales managers.
- Train field service engineers and technical support staff as noted above to ensure successful installation and start-up of first instruments or systems installed post launch of all NPI’s.
- Work with training manager to develop field service and technical support training curriculum for new products, review and improve current course curriculum as appropriate and ensure current training material for current products are up to date.
- Conduct train-the-trainer training sessions to expand training coverage.
- Promote and conduct customer training.
- Work closely with Sales Leader and regional sales managers to ensure best in class applications/software support to our customers.
- Provide Level 2&3 field service and technical support to ensure timely response and resolution for customer issues presented.
- Work closely with the Global Training, Americas Field Service and Technical Support managers to ensure proper training is provided and maximize FSE utilization in each field service territory to provide rapid response to customers with correct skill set and parts to maximize first time fix rates.
- Contribute to resolving customer complaints and hot accounts/qualityCCR case management.
- Constantly strive to improve the execution, quality and consistency of basic services across the business. Basic services include equipment installation, customer and internal personnel training and on-going field service and technical support.
- Is the subject matter expert on more complex products, systems and customer applications associated with the products assigned to the Senior Field Application Specialist.
- Maintain close partnership with all functional service and sales managers to maximize customer training opportunities and develop classes based on VOC that meet requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement in field service, technical support and customer training.
- Work closely with engineering group on NPI and take part in stage and gate process to ensure at product release that service element is considered both from a serviceability point of view and to ensure that field and technical support personnel are trained in time for launch.
- Provide hands-on service in the field to help resolve customer instruments/systems break downs (hardware and software) and to help train new FSE’s
- Ensure that training and repair best practices are leveraged throughout the organization and shared with the Service leadership team
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Global Service Director or Global Training Manager as business dynamics change.
- 3 to 5 years of service experience in a technical support, applications specialist or trainer role
- Bachelor's degree in business, a physical science, engineering or related discipline strongly desired or equivalent work experience considered
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train others in classroom and field environments
- Experience with applications support to industrial customers
- Experience with EFM/RTU (flow computer) applications and systems a plus
- Experience in learning management systems and an e-learning environment a plus
- Experience in services support of product life cycle management and product launch processes
- Strong analytical capability and experiences; strong business and financial acumen with proven record of success
- Strong leadership in decision making
- Ability to communicate persuasively and with clarity
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join