Provide human resource and organizational expertise to the facility in Grand Island, NY. This includes partnering with local leadership and employees on building organizational capabilities, employee relations, recruitment and selection, assisting with integration activities and driving forward change management initiatives. The successful candidate will have a strong HR generalist background including experience driving change, shaping culture, developing talent, and managing governance, risk, and compliance.
Culture & Engagement
Establish culture and drive employee engagement by analyzing trends and developing site-specific engagement strategies, ensuring appropriate employee value proposition, partnering with leaders to deliver timely and effective communications, influencing operating mechanisms to ensure alignment with strategic growth plans, and supporting a culture of wellness.
Manage employee relations across sites to enhance workforce performance and productivity. Identify and address people and organizational risk. Conduct organization health assessments. Recommend and implement strategies for maintaining a positive work environment. Conduct employee relations investigations provide recommendations for resolution. Ensure compliance with all country laws, statutes, and regulations.
Partner with leaders to build organizational capability. Provide coaching and feedback to managers and employees on talent management activities including performance management, training and development, organizational capability assessment, strategy and planning. Partner with HR Centers of Expertise (COE) to facilitate annual calibration and compensation planning processes, prepare for talent reviews, and provide development opportunities for employees.
Recruitment and Employment
Attract, motivate, and retain a diverse workforce that delivers results. Partner with the Talent Acquisition COE to drive recruitment strategies and processes including review and approval of requisitions, participation on interview panels, effective utilization of the internship program, and execution of the new employee on-boarding activities. Identify and address geographic workforce trends to support business strategy.
Partner with site and HR leaders to develop and implement change initiatives within sites to drive organizational alignment and effective human resource utilization. Partner with COEs and Business HRGs as they develop, communicate and implement initiatives and programs including those related to compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, talent management, legal and other programs applicable to the sites.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning program is required, with majors in Human Resources or a related field. Master’s degree desirable.
- PHR and/or other Professional Certifications desirable
- Minimum 3 years of related generalist work experience supporting a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies and actions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize requests, while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced multi-shift, multi-building environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self motivated; bias for action.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), along with demonstrated ability to build positive professional relationships, influence leaders and use negotiation skills with various levels in the organization is required.
- Ability to provide concise, articulate and insightful analysis in written and verbal form, as well as translate into effective presentations.
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join