Thermo Fisher is seeking a highly motivated individual to help drive our objectives to increase personalization and relevancy to each customer, leveraging multiple data sets and marketing channels. The focus will be to apply Thermo Fisher’s Digital Marketing Technology Platform to drive audience acquisition, engagement and segmentation. This position will scale our capability to analytically draw upon customer data and create workflows that deliver the right message at the right time to the right audience in the right marketing channel. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of business and technical skills they will utilize as part of a team to successfully meet the position’s objectives.
- Build targeted segments/audiences with online and offline data; first, second and third party data
- Develop audiences reaching contacts through multiple channels - email, social, 3rd party sites, partnerships, programmatic buying, etc.
- Optimize audience reach efficiency during campaigns to ensure ROI.
- Define, maintain and govern a portfolio of audience definitions including first and third party data for both prospecting and nurturing of audiences through the DMP tool, IBM Unica Campaign and other relevant tools
- Develop best practices for audiences sizing, characteristics and ability to apply demographic and behavioral data insights to audience segments
- Understands business objectives and translates requirements into campaign targeting / selection rules designing highly effective IBM Unica Flowcharts
- Define segmentation based on message content, offer, testing needs and determine data sources required to meet campaign requirements
- Partner with data scientists to develop and interpret targeted customer and prospect profiles utilizing statistical methodologies as well as models and segmentation schemes to develop actionable recommendations
- Provides accurate lists using IBM Unica specific to identified needs and timelines (i.e. acquisition, movers, onboarding, upgrade/cross- sell efforts, customer engagement programs, and retention efforts) in support of strategic marketing programs
- Networks with divisional marketing teams to coordinate/orchestrate programs and avoid over- targeting and conflicting messaging.
- Continuously reviews selection, exclusion, and suppression logic to ensure accurate identification of target groups and test/holdout groups as applicable.
- Frequently evaluate opportunities to enhance process flows
- Validate list selection logic, segmentation, offers and dynamic output relating it back to the businesses
- Remain updated with the changing of data / sources / flows / customer touch-points
- Advocate for processes automation
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of experience with DMPs and user segmentation
- Experience with Query language and Campaign Management Tools (IBM Unica Campaign)
- Experience with in- market application of segmentation schemes, demographic data, and predictive modeling.
- Understanding of and experience with all audience development channels - email, social, 3rd party sites, partnerships, programmatic buying, etc.
- Experience using SQL, SAS, IBM Cognos, Tableau (or equivalent) for data analysis
- Experience in business analysis, operations, or B2B service is a plus;
- Adept at debugging and solving problems uncovered
- Grasps logic and QA usage of any external data files
- Collaborates across teams and constantly enrich knowledge of customer / product
- Digitally savvy, with exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Maintains expertise in marketing and stays current on new developments through contacts with educational institutions, professional organizations, publications, and vendors.
- Strong ability to organize, analyze, interpret, and disseminate information.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access.
- Ability to work under pressure and change direction as needed.
- Ability to make decisions, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast- paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage details in a multi- tasked environment
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join