As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Sales Manager BeNeLux and Nordics CountriesBased in the Benelux
Thermo Fisher Scientific's Materials & Structural Analysis Division (MSD) supplies innovative solutions for Spectroscopy, Microscopy and Material Characterization solutions.
When you’re part of the Material and Structural Analyses team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions in our Growth strategy.
The Area Sales Manager role carries the responsibility of Managing the direct Sales Team in the BeNeLux and the Channel Partners in the Nordics for our Molecular Spectroscopy and Material Characterization instrumentation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the short and long-term strategic and tactical plans for the region.
- Work with the direct sales force and channel partners to drive incremental growth through value proposition and workflow selling solutions.
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities for growth, engaging with MSD divisions to drive business development opportunities for emerging technologies or new market segments.
- Drive new product introduction (NPI) and deliver on incremental revenue targets for NPI.
- Drive commercial excellence for the teams through the deployment of robust sales processes including, weekly sales calls, accurate forecast and pipeline management, utilization of customer relationship management (CRM) tools and the conversion of marketing leads to opportunities.
- Develop and execute on marketing campaigns to drive market penetration and increased revenues. Leverage global and regional marketing teams to support local sales strategies and markets
- Partner with other members of the MSD commercial management team, globally and in the region, to formulate cross-functional strategies
- Monitor and share market intelligence including competition; macroeconomics and the regulatory environment
- Actively participate as a member of the division and the BeNeLux Thermo Fisher leadership teams.
- Lead the direct sales team by professional coaching and grow their commercial skills.
- Join professional sales calls with the field sales team members and channel partners to increase sales growth and territory penetration.
- Maintain and regularly enter accurate and complete sales project information into the company sales database Sales Force.com.
- Attend and support through technical and business presentations, when required, tradeshows, user meetings, customer seminars and other customer events.
- When required, assist in the yearly planning of the future financial performance of the company by providing insight into the prospects for growth in the defined territory.
- Consistently achieve/ exceed order bookings objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Degree level qualification in a scientific discipline, preferably Chemistry. A High knowledge of Material Sciences is a plus.
- A proven track record in achieving sales quotas and at least 2 year experience in People Management. Additional Channel management experience is a plus
- Relevant experience in a commercial environment, preferably capital analytical equipment sales
- Must also have a broad familiarity with the following industries: Academia, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Polymers, Food, Material Sciences and Petrochemical/Petroleum industry.
- Ability to grow the business by identifying new target accounts each year and be able to develop and execute territory plans.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and ability to multi task
- Highly motivated and competitive
- Can lead a discussion with scientists as well as commercial stakeholders
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Self- starter and proactive
- Must be a team player with ability to interface across internal and external complex matrix organizations
- Ability to travel within the defined geographical area and to demonstration facilities across Europe. May require overnight stays on occasions up to 30%
- High level of IT skills/computer literacy
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Degree level or high qualification in a scientific discipline preferably Chemistry or Physical sciences.
- Experienced Sales Manager Professional with a proven track record in achieving sales quotas and managing a sales team.
- Market and product knowledge of Material Analyses/Characterization.
- The ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets.
- Must be highly sales driven and have the ability to work on their own and be creative in developing tactical sales plans and executing these in a timely fashion to deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in Dutch and English
- A good level of interpersonal, motivational and organisational skills
- Must reside within the Benelux
- Ability to travel
- Valid driving license
- Experience of using sales database, outlook and MS office suite
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join