Job Title: Global Operations Business Intelligence Analyst
Requisition ID: 55019BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The data analyst collects data pertaining to specific Operational metrics, and then transforms that data into information by highlighting important or useful information on a given metric. A data analyst can then make suggestions and support business decision making by providing an informed opinion based on data. The analyst will support the LSG Global Operations organization through data mining and analysis for a wide range of operational measures. They will provide accurate, timely, and actionable data intelligence for Global Ops initiatives.
- Support the gathering, analysis, preparation, summary and presentation of operational data results & trends.
- Support business owners to analyze root cause of trends and develop data-driven action plans
- Gather user requirements to support, recommend or develop solutions and alternatives that align to standard KPIs
- Participate on cross functional business and IT projects
- Deploy enhancements to expand the scope of existing Global Metrics
- Create/enhance Gold Standard Ad Hoc reporting tools to supplement existing Global Metrics
- Assist and support integration activities in aligning key operational metrics
- Develop tools that not only improve, automate, elevate internal team processes but could be translated and leveraged for key Operations business processes.
Minimum Qualifications: (Must Have)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 3-6 years of related business experience. Excellent working knowledge of key business process, with 3 to 4 years practical Operations, Finance and or data management experience.
- Strong data analysis skills required. Hands on experience on managing data; that is, data analysis, data standardization, data clean up, and data consolidation.
- Strong Excel, Access, and Power Point skills
- Experience with EDW & Cognos required.
- Fluent in EDW data management structures and external data skills.
Preferred Qualifications: (Nice to Have)
- Process improvement experience desired
- Working ERP system and data knowledge a plus (E1 and SAP experience preferred)
- Knowledge or some experience with Business Intelligence Visualization tools a plus.
- Working system, data and business process knowledge of Quote to Cash processes a plus
This position does not have relocation allowance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join