About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Process product orders from customers.
- Respond to customer inquiries about products.
- Perform billing and invoicing.
- Manage Evos/ HCA Demo Pool.
- Respond to customer inquiries received via customer service telephone (ACD), e-mail, fax EDI or other medium.
- Process product orders for US domestic customers and product orders for international customers.
- Ensure that sales orders are entered into the business system completely and accurately so that they can be invoiced promptly and accurately. This requires close contact with all Domestic and International Sales representatives.
- Ensure that all back up documentation, e.g., PO's are complete and on file.
- Confirm orders back to customers as appropriate such by fax, email or over the phone.
- As needed, follow up with shipping and customers to make sure products ordered are shipped and received.
- Perform billing and invoicing to include sales order review etc.
- May send out information literature to customers and MGC field reps.
- Perform other customer service related tasks and special projects as requested.
- Work with other departments to resolve issues.
- May do one or all of the following: Process orders from International & OEM customers acting as the communication focal point to facilitate product ordering, shipment scheduling, invoicing.
- Research and provide history and context for old orders to solve for complaints from customers.
- Update Thermo Fisher Sales database (Siebel)
- Work with Sales and Marketing to process Demo order requests.
- Keep organized and maintain Demo pool inventory
- Work with Logistics to schedule Demo shipments
- Work with Service/ Manufacturing to manage Demo instrument repairs and configurations
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1+ years experience in a customer service, order fulfillment and invoicing environment.
- Computer proficiency - MS office, database systems. Proven excellent telephone, communication and people interaction skills, including customer contacts.
- Must be well organized, able to multi-task, attention to detail, follow up skills.
- Willingness and ability to adhere to structure telephone schedule and work overtime as required.
- Team player and works well in a team environment.
- Experience with QAD MFG/pro and biotech background a plus.
- Knowledge of export/import requirements desirable.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct reports. May make recommendations to management on process improvements.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join