Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Waltham
- Financial leader supporting the Corporate Functions (70% HR; 30% Legal, Corporate Development and Strategy) – directly reporting to the Vice President, Commercial and Corporate Finance. This position will play a leadership role providing finance and business guidance and support around the execution of the Thermo Fisher Scientific HR strategy, and daily/weekly/monthly finance activities surrounding the support of the HR, Legal and Corporate Development and Strategy budgets. This role will also develop presentations and analysis for the Company Leadership Team (CLT), Functional Leadership, Finance Leadership and other key leadership venues.
- Provide day to day finance support and context to the teams within HR, and support the Chief Human Resources Officer and members of the HR Leadership Team with reporting and analytics support
- Manage the Global Corporate HR budget: including helping to set the right operational budget for each of the global functions, outlining the appropriate allocations mechanisms, overseeing the execution of the budget and leading the associated monthly closing and reporting process. The functions supported include in part:
- Talent (Talent Development and Talent Acquisition)
- Total Rewards (Compensation and Benefits)
- Culture (Employee relations & D&I)
- Insights & Analytics (IMO, PMO and Analytics)
- Manage Corporate Legal, Corporate Strategy & Development budget: helping to set the right operational budget for each of the global functions
- Work closely with the Corporate FP&A team providing monthly, quarterly & annual finance requirements
- Provide regular financial updates on each of the key transformation projects
- Assist with the preparation of corporate presentations / analysis associated with AOP, Adhoc Projects
- Work with HR leadership and Develop sustainable HR Key operating metrics
- Drive creation and assist in delivery of executive presentations
- Drive the development and preparation of annual strategic plan, annual budget, monthly forecasts, and monthly results analysis.
- Drive continuous improvement and standardization in processes within the Global Corporate Functions.
- Provide financial information to make sound business decisions (e.g., Project NRR, AR Analysis, Spending trends).
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc financial reporting as required.
- Analyze the global financial information of the functions and assist in the evaluation of alternatives to drive optimization.
- Advanced degree in accounting or finance or related work experience with in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- 8-10 years relevant work experience in a finance role with hands-on experience in providing financial analysis to drive key business decisions
- Strong management and leadership skills and experience in owning and leading projects
- Strong communication skills with ability to work with key members of the corporate executive team and the finance leadership team
- Demonstrated leadership working with cross functional teams to drive process improvement
- Excellent knowledge of HFM, or equivalent financial application program, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong business acumen and ability to drive process implementation in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to make assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines
- Willingness to dive into details to find answers and solve problems when needed
- Track record of developing meaningful relationships at all levels within an organization – at both the business unit and divisional level, and can operate effectively in a matrix reporting structure.
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel. Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior financial and operational professionals.
- Possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with those of the 4Is.
- Believes in and demands accountability.
- Ability to thrive and manage in a complex, global business environment.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join