When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The HR Manager, Corporate Functions is the primary HR partner for Thermo Fisher Scientific Corporate Functions (including Finance, IT, Global Business Services, Human Resources, Legal, Corporate Communications and Corporate Accounts) in Waltham, MA. The role manages both development and implementation of key strategic projects and corporate-wide cross-functional initiatives, as well as employee lifecycle activities such as recruiting and selection, training and development, and compensation and performance management. The role is based at Thermo Fisher Scientific’s world headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with local and/or functional leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational structure, and work force planning change management in order to strengthen overall organizational capability.
- Coach functional leadership in assigned client groups on issues including application of HR policies and processes and complex employee issues. May coach employees on people management, career development, personal leadership, and 360 assessments.
- Provide HR support, process knowledge, advice and consultation to employees and managers in Corporate functions
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to drive recruitment efforts to attract talent to the client teams. Partner with managers in establishing hiring and compensation strategies.
- Promote positive employee relations and build relationships with clients as a trusted advisor
- Collaborate with Corporate HR team on defining and implementing process standardization and improvements.
- Collaborate with COE Process Experts to execute and implements large scale HR initiatives (i.e., roll out annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.).
- Ensure alignment of HR processes i.e. Human Resources Review (HRR), Performance Management and Development (PMD), and Compensation planning
- Conduct Employee Relations investigations and provide recommendation for resolution.
- Handle escalations from HR1 Solution Center to resolve client queries and issues as appropriate (US only).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies and actions.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands-on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- Familiar with complex FMLA, Worker’s Comp, STD and LTD issues.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- Experience working across a complex organizational matrix. Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and policies have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- He/she should be someone who is sought out for their opinion and advice and who can forge and maintain close relationships across all constituencies.
- Self-motivated; bias for action.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business or business-related field required. Master’s degree in HR-related field strongly preferred.
- 5 years of experience as a Human Resources generalist/Manager with a large, multi-national company.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join