When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
• Lead product development processes and other technical team members from concept to production, with a strong emphasis on rapid prototyping during the concept and pre-production phase
• Develop product requirements and translate them to system requirements with subsystem and part level design specifications
• Design products and components that are easy to use, simple to produce, and practical to maintain
• Design fixtures for test and assembly of mechanical and electrical components
• Support a sustainable production environment with well thought out designs and rapid response to manufacturing feedback
• Rigorously document part designs, assembly processes and theories of operation to support manufacturing and future designs.
• Support an integrated engineering community by participating in concept and design reviews both within and outside of your discipline
• Apply engineering and tolerance techniques to precision design requirements in the areas such as Optics, Mechanics, and Motion Control.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of engineering work experience
- Experience with leading and driving product development processes
- Experience mentoring and advising other mechanical engineers
- Ability to drive projects to completion with minimal oversight
- Must be able to effectively communicate design goals and product specification to management and peers
- Strong proficiency with SolidWorks
- Strong general computer literacy
- MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
- Experience working with optical systems and/or opto-mechanical designs
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join