This is a fantastic opportunity to provide specialist product expertise and technical support in order to develop key customer relationships, achieve sales metrics and business growth targets in this market.
Whilst operating in a highly competitive market environment, the role has responsibility for presentations, demonstrations, installations, training internal and external customers, increasing market share and achieving annual sales targets.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, annual sales targets for New Zealand market.
- Forecasting responsibilities on monthly basis for Anatomical Pathology, Clinical Diagnostics and Microbiology business areas.
- Working closely with new and existing clients to determine their present and future needs and proposing suitable products, services and upgrades in order to maintain and grow revenue for the organisation.
- In conjunction with the sales and product managers contribute to the development of marketing strategies for the product group including the identification of new business opportunities so that profitable portfolio and business growth is achieved.
- Gain a strong understanding of the customer's requirements and application needs on a technical level so as to ensure the most suitable solution is being proposed.
- Install and set up instrumentation in customer laboratories and perform demonstrations.
- As required, liaise with product management to ensure inventory and product forecasting targets are met and customer/marketing expectations are achieved.
- Provide sales support to both field sales and customers including product demonstrations for customers at client sites or in house demonstration facilities.
- Assist in product installation and provide first line technical application & support, escalating to technical support group where needed.
- Work with Technical team to resolve customer technical issues to high customer satisfaction.
- Attend regular sales meetings and communicate sales issues to the field sales team.
- Work with internal marketing and product managers to prepare marketing collateral, advertising campaigns and competitor analysis.
- Tertiary qualifications in Science or related discipline is essential.
- Previous experience in Clinical Biochemistry/Anatomical Pathology/Microbiology Lab in a clinical, research or industrial setting is highly regarded.
- Previous experience in capital sales/ reagents in Clinical Biochemistry, Microbiology &/or Anatomical Pathology is highly regarded.
- Technical understanding of markets, particularly within hospitals, pathology and diagnostics laboratories.
- Strong understanding of the Sales process with demonstrated ability to achieve results.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM systems.
- Exceptional selling, negotiating, closing and technical skills.
- Ability to comprehend scientific applications/markets.
- Proven ability to effectively sell at all levels within an organization, involving all relevant stakeholders in customer accounts.
- Initiative taker with the ability to work autonomously, and display an enthusiastic, energetic & positive attitude.
- An ability to think strategically and laterally in order to maximize business opportunities, profitability and customer potential.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join