About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- With input from Product Management, System Architecture/Engineering and other stakeholders, the Product Owner has the primary responsibility for building, grooming, and maintaining the team backlog of user stories.
- Review and reprioritize the backlog in preparation for sprint planning.
- Assume primary responsibility for keeping the sprint planning process flowing.
- Ensure that each user story meets acceptance criteria and meets its Definition of Done.
- Ensure application prototypes/demos align with business requirements and user acceptance.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of the business processes as well as a strong working rapport with business users.
- Identify and involve key stakeholders.
- Identify and interview internal/external subject matter experts to elicit requirements through surveys, interviews and workshops.
- Lead requirements management working directly with business and IT partners to perform use case analysis and develop functional specifications documentation.
- Aid in the project management process for projects including scope identification, project planning and project status reporting.
- Interface and collaborate with counterparts in IT (other system analysts, architects, developers, QA testers) to validate functional requirements and translate requirements into technical specifications.
- Assist QA team with development of functional test plans and facilitate user acceptance process.
- Aid technical leads in the creation and modification to application architectures and participate in design reviews for traceability to requirements.
- Stay current on technology trends and software solution offerings form vendors.
- Have flexibility to work small to medium enhancements independently to create Functional specifications and/or support large projects.
- Lead sprint planning and overall delivery strategy for Agile projects.
- Key success criteria will include having a good business sense and a technical foundation, ability to communicate, ability to make quick decisions, and ability to garner trust in both the team and Product Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum 6-10 years of related experience and working knowledge of key business process, with 3-6 years practical eCommerce and data management experience or comparable Master’s Degree; 1-2 years practical experience as a product owner preferred.
- Strong analysis skills required around business process decomposition and data analysis, including data mapping, data standardization, data clean up, and data consolidation.
- Experience with larger eBusiness applications such as Comergent, ATG, IBM Websphere, Hybris, Endeca, Adobe CQ, Adobe (Omniture) Analytics is a plus.
- Experience with B2C and B2B eCommerce ecosystems, including B2B marketplace integrations is a plus.
- Ability to assist in user/requirements workshops, capture, analyze, document and communicate requirements, perform use case analysis, and design workflow processes.
- Experience with a Business Process Mapping tool.
- Experience in both Agile (CSM and/or CSPO preferred) and Waterfall Methodologies is preferred.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- 6-Sigma training a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with internal customers in a non-technical manner.
- Ability to organize, disseminate information efficiently and set expectations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, SharePoint as well as other project management and time tracking tools.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of a team and in a matrix reporting environment.
- Ability to contribute to the overall success of the team as well as work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work with and effectively communicate (listen, speak, present and write) to all levels of management and build working relationship with others outside of the team.
- Ability to multi-task and work with cross-functional teams in a very fast-paced environment.
- Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and willingness to take ownership of issues and tasks.
- Must be self-confident, assertive and self-motivated.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join