Job Title: Global Medical Director, Autoimmunity, Evidence Generation - ImmunoDiagnostics Division (IDD)
Location: Freiburg, Germany (preferred) or Uppsala, Sweden
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Its mission is to enable its customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. It helps its customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Its four premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Life Technologies, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
The ImmunoDiagnostics Division (IDD) develops, manufactures, and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. With 1,500 employees worldwide, IDD is the global leader in in vitro allergy testing and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics. The allergy and autoimmunity product lines operate on a common instrument platform, Phadia Laboratory Systems, which supports both productivity and cost efficiencies in clinical laboratories around the world. The leading products of the ImmunoDiagnostics Division include ImmunoCAP for allergy and asthma tests and EliA for autoimmunity tests.
The Global Medical Director, Autoimmunity will lead and support the global execution of clinical and health economic evidence generation activities. The Director will lead the key opinion leader management and lead clinical evidence generation activities for the global autoimmunity portfolio. The Director will ensure medical and clinical support for autoimmune related topics throughout the organization and will support compliance and patient safety related matters. The Director will additionally identify and coordinate speakers and represent the company at key autoimmunity congresses and events. The Director will be part of the Global Marketing – Evidence Generation Team and will report to the Global Director of Evidence Generation.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Identify, develop and implement a strong key opinion leader network and lead discussions on a high scientific level with peers.
- Recruit and lead advisory boards and expert meetings.
- Identify clinical trends and needs to develop and implement clinical study strategy aligned with health economics and marketing strategies.
- Provide input to development of portfolio and evidence generation strategies.
- Act as a medical resource to the company as a whole and particularly to the marketing department for marketing and reimbursement activities, guideline development and medical education.
- Provide leadership and medical expertise in the development of new products.
- Review and approve promotional material.
- Be responsible for medical risk assessments.
- Identify and coordinate speakers to advocate for our products at international and national society meetings, as well as company-sponsored symposia.
- Represent the company at key autoimmunity congresses and events, including through presentation of medical and clinical study results.
- Review and evaluate scientific literature continuously.
- Support regional & country organizations, within the ImmunoDiagnostic Division, in their key opinion leader development.
- Work in a global cross-functional team.
- MD / PhD with training in Internal Medicine/Pathology with interest, experience or specialisation in Rheumatology or Gastroenterology; habilitation is advantageous.
- Experience in the autoimmune disease market and knowledge of autoimmune IVD testing strongly preferred.
Professional Experience Qualifications:
- A minimum of five years of experience in an international medical manager position with significant exposure to both clinical and health economic evidence generation is required.
- A minimum of ten years of professional experience in related field, including clinical experience, with track record of success. ,
- Work with investigator-initiated studies and company-initiated studies, as well as selection of and partnership with clinical research organization with in-depth knowledge of study design and performance monitoring, are all required.
- Experience and demonstrated skills with KOL Management are required.
- Strong analytical and qualitative skills are required, as well as the ability to interpret and integrate study results, draw conclusions/implications, and translate into business decision recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, to take initiative, be resourceful, and exercise astute business judgment to drive performance.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating cross-functionally in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize clinical and health economic data and influence strategy development.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office applications is required.
- International experience is required, as well as demonstrated cultural awareness.
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I’s)
- This position requires significant international travel – up to 50%, as required.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join